Possible one month stay

I have the opportunity to chose between a one month stay in Egypt or Belize next April/May and wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions :)
I am hoping to have 2-3 other people with me, all in one hotel room if possible. Of course we want to do the touristy stuff, but seeing how I am considering Egypt for relocation, I also want to see the 'civilian' side :)

- What cities are the best to stay in to visit different famous landmarks? Is it better to more hotels half-way into the trip to see more?
- Where are the lower priced hotels located? We're traveling students, not picky, as long as we're safe and have a bed!
- What is the opinion on tour guides? Would we see more if we were to book guided tours of multiple monuments?
-How readily available is transportation (buses, subway etc).

I would like to relocate after I graduate university, and want to see what country is the best place for me. I am really torn between Egypt and some in South America.
This will be a combo tourist/observe civilian life trip for me! If I can stand the heat, I'm sure I'll be back :p

Any help or opinions is greatly appreciated!

There are already topics on forum about what you have asked, you could check them!
Till next April or May it is a long time, so maybe nobody could say how is going to be at that time!

Hello Talanathas, I hope that other members will help you soon.

Regards,
Harmonie.