New Facebook page for Westerners

Guys ive been here for nearly a year and it was tough finding friends, navigating all the web sites out there and avoiding all the weirdos that seem to crop up .

Ive created this page on facebook - join up and add you info on Qatar and Doha - , i will start to arrange events, get togethers and activities so new people can meet up.

I will also include guides to the city and how to settle in to the
place.

All welcome

facebook.com/pages/Brits-in-Qatar-Doha/209492735754100

Hi petelyonsrah,

I invite you to write some articles in our participative life in Qatar guide, this will also definitely help other members who want to move in Qatar.

Thank you very much.

Sure, any specific topic in mind?

Hi petelyonsrah,

yep, maybe an article about jobs in Qatar or leisure maybe ?

I'm not British but I would love to meet as many people as possible! I'm moving to doha for 5 months this sunday! XOX

Hey Alex - You dont have to be British any Westerners are welcome.

When you arrive I will be leaving the next day away on vacation - but I can put you in touch with other who are new also and maybe by the time I get back you will have made some new good friends.

Just join up on our group and you will find me as the admin - message me and I can sort out some contacts - We know how hard it can be to make new friends when you move to Qatar so anything I can do .

Pete

Hi I have accepted a job with hamad medical corp but seem to be struggling to get any info out of my recuritment consultant about accomodation does anyone on here work for the company, currently waiting for a visa before i can start to prepare for my move any advice would be appriciated

Thanks for that facebook page.  I'm from London and have been in Qatar for almost a year now and also find it tough to meet people to make friends.
:)

Hi all,

I would like to meet people from this website who is living in Qatar.

Lets meet guys and girls for coffee to know each other better
Lets made a group called Expat-Blog Group

Hi mashaykhi!

I would suggest you to start a new thread on the Qatar forum for better visibility ;)
Hope you will obtain positive responses!

Regards
Armand