Any experience with insurance?

Hello everybody!

I'm looking for a good insurance, but it's hard to find, because there're a lot of. Does anybody has some experience with one of these insurances?

gasanmamo
middlesea
atlas
elmogroup
AON
citadel

Thanks,
Bibiche

we use atlas for car insurance and they have been very good to deal with. we had one small fender bender and they were excellent in assisting us. insurance rate was also very reasonable. 450 euro for full coverage on a convertible for the year for an under 25 male driver.

I d say the same about gasanmamo too - very helpful and i think we got good deals on both house contents and car insurance.

contents for 7500euros worth of cover about 44 euros for the year

I used Elmo, Got the insurance last week and had what they call a frot to rear this morning... the agent that i dealt with I phoned and he took control of the situation over the phone... very professional and excellent service.... Still shaking though

what was it your front to someone elses rear or the other way round - how is it being dealt with

yes unfortunatley it was my front to someone elses rear... and if i was cynical.... his insurance runs out in 2 weeks, his car was oldish, i am still on uk plates, he is moving to england....he had the Front to Rear document in his car...

Although i have since been told that this is the norm for them to have the documents.

I will let you know how i get on ... supposed to be changing the plates in the morning :/

front to rear here is always tricky and carrying docs here is the norm for sure....i always do -
been caught pout before and have had F2R before - malti driver malti warden and malti insurers - no contest - whether you were right or wrong...your wrong

ah well at least nobody was hurt

best thing you can say at an accident is "I lost control" - believe me.....!

Hope all goes well.

cheer toon ;) will remember that

at the end of the day iot was my fault... in all insurers eyes as i rear ended them so not a lot i can do although i an fully comprehensive and have protected no claims

another OIM Situation i think

yeah i know what you mean we were found to be as well despite the other driver driving at breakneck speed and he went into our rear........wont bore you with the details but we were blamed for it.....OIM for sure.

I have Atlas insurance who I found to be very competitive and helpful.  Fortunately I haven't had to use them yet but I am sure driving here that day will come.

My brother is also with them, he has been hit 3 times, including one where the woman opened her door without looking and he took extensive damage to the side of his car and she lost her door.  He is English, she was Maltese, Maltese warden, Maltese insurance.  Although it took  a few weeks to sort out, his car has been repaired, her insurance must have gone through the roof as this was apparently her 6th accident.  He was not found to be at fault in ANY on his accidents. The insurance paid out no problem. 

Hope that helps.x

I am slightly woorried about what you guys and gals are saying about "and the insurance paid out..." sureley if its fully comprehensive it doesnt matter if its your fault or not the insurance will still pay out... ?? or am i missing something

From my point of view its a general mistrust of insurance companies coupled with everybodies comments.  But mainly, my low opinion of insurance companies.

Glad you are ok after your scrape. 

:)

yep agreed on a massive distrust of insurance companies and brokers also banks while we are at it.

Don't even get me started on the banks.....  I've worked for them and been a customer....  ggrrrrrrr

Google: Zeitgeist (spell?)
:mad:

Lol.... I am fine thanks Jules... Think this thread is going Slightly off topic .... but getting funnier

Aon is not an insurance. It is a broker. They compare the offers from different insurers.

I would always use a broker. Other than an insurance agent they work for the insured, not for the insurer. When you have a claim you will notice the difference.

Aaa thanks to you all!!