New Facebook group - "New Zealanders in Saudi" - Please Join & Invite

facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_127068950708625&ap=1

Please invite your friends, colleagues and associates (I don't see why non-Kiwis couldn't be included too, but my aim is to let the community evolve as it so desires).

From the Facebook "Group" Description:

"I thought I'd put up this "Open" group on Facebook so members of the Saudi New Zealanders community could have an easy-to-use space to collect and collaborate. I hope people like the idea and find some sense of community. If the group is popular it can be changed to a "Closed" or "Secret" group should people prefer.

Initially I'd planned NOT to use an "Open" group but Facebook requires any given group member to "invite" friends i.e. you can't invite somebody directly via an email address. Ultimately I think this is better since it maintains a 1st-level connections between at least one member of the group.

Since I created the group I am the one and only "Admin". Once another person joins I will appoint that person as an Admin and they can do what they wish from there, including makings other new members an "Admin".

Stefan 17/6/2011"

Stefan

Hi,

you can't imagine how happy I am when a new user wants to redirect Expat.com users to facebook :/

Wow Julien .... that was quick. I think you'll appreciate FB is generic and you are specialized. There's also many simple features on FB that you'll not reasonably want to support. Everyone's on FB and they're comfortable with sharing media on that platform. I understand your displeasure and sincerely hope you won't delete my post- I immediately promoted your site on FB and would highlight your superb service on the group I was promoting. Is that fair? Stefan

no prob safendoulis

Roger. You're too kind my friend. Stefan