Hepatitis B infection

hi to all

i too had the same experience as many of you had.my hus is working in dubai. i came to dubai in oct 2008 in residence visa.for our suprise the medical test showed that i am a hep b carrier.we were shocked to hear this.all our dreams of staying together shattered.i had to leave dubai very soon. i was ther in dubai for only one month. but at the airport they didnt take my photo or anything as we worried. my hus tried for a visiting visa.but to our another surprise we came to know that i have been banned. and that i can never see dubai again. my hus and myself is totally upset. thank god he doesnt have hep b.he got vaccintated also very soon. i heard recently that the ministry may change the rule and allow the hep b carriers to enter dubai again.is it true???? did anyone heard any news like that??? i even want to know that if they change the rule will i be allowed to enter dubai agian??? will they give me residence visa again??? bcoz i have been banned i dont know whether the rule change will give help me to enter dubai again.plz can anyone help me in solving these questions????

lets pray to god together and i am sure that our prayers will be soon heard by jesus and he will give us positive results for all of us who are hep positive.

Hi All,

The first time I read the text of the new rule in Arabic. Here after is the translation relevant to the HBV medical test.

THE MEDICAL TEST FOR HBV WILL BE CARRIED IN TWO STAGES; THE FIRST STAGE WILL LAST FOR ONE (01) YEAR DURING WHICH THE HBV TEST WILL BE DONE FOR ALL NEW VISA APPLICATIONS BUT FOR VISA RENEWAL WILL BE CARRIED ONLY FOR THE BABY SITTERS, HOME MAIDS, FAMILY DRIVERS, CHILDREN NURSERY EMPLOYEES, SALOONS AND HEALTH CLUBS EMPLOYEES, FOOD HANDLERS LIKE CHIEFS, COOKERS, BOUCHER EMPLOYEES AND RESTAURANTY EMPLOYEES.

THE RULES/ACTIONS FOR THE SECOND STAGE WILL BE DECIDED BASED ON THE EVALUATION OF THE FIRST STAGE RESULTS.

The problem here is that the FIRST STAGE is running for one and half year and there is no news about the SECOND STAGE.

Arabic reader may refer to this link.

http://www.moh.gov.ae/ar/NewsDetails1067.aspx

Hope this further clarifies the picture.

I have been following this discussion from last 1 month as  my wife has been tested positive for Hepatitus B and i m praying for the exeption of this link. The english version of that rule can be found below:
http://www.moh.gov.ae/en/NewsDetails387.aspx

Aadil

hi  i hope that your luck will also be my husband luck, he was working dubai last 2008 and he will be renewing his visa next year january. Is it really easy to pass medical if renewing only?

zhellacs wrote:

Hi,

I am in the same situation as all of U are, I am a Filipina working here in Dubai since 2006, I got my 1st residence visa for 3 years and was expired last Dec 2009. I am aware that I am a HEPA B carrier, I have taken my chances and up to this day I am here working for the same company. It was a dilemma for me to take up the medical test for renewal of my visa, as I know the fact that they got new rules here. I got my visa after 5 days time stamped in my passport valid up to 2012.

Points to consider:
- check out the website DHA, they got the medical Test required for certain categories
- dont apply for jobs which will be link with FOOD & HOSPITALITY (HEPA test will always be a big consideration)
- If your work is not in the Food industry & Customer service (Frontliners), you have a better chance to get the Working visa approval.

hello please enlighten me, is it really possible to change job when you already renew your visa? what i understand is if you already have your visa and decide to change job you will just ask for NOC to your employer in order to transfer your visa instead of cancellation and you will not deal for medical anymore.will this be possible? please help coz my husband really want to change job,problem is his hepa, his afraid to be deported.

THBT wrote:

Hi Broad,

There is one possibility that might go with you. You ask your current employer to give you NOC and make visa transfer rather than cancellation. I think (AND YOU NEED TO RECHECK AND CONFIRM)that for visa transfer you will deal only with immigration and you do not need to do that medical test which you will do only for renewal after your visa expiry (one and half year later) and for visa renwall there are more chances to get the medical fit certificate.

Take care and check first if this is possible before you make any decision.

Hi Jill,

That what I think but really I have not experienced it. So, you may check with the immigration authority for confirmation.

vengates wrote

Hi
i am still waiting for good news from MOH. every week i am following with the Director of preventive medicine, MOH.
the change of rules are on paper and waiting for ministry approval. they are saying it is just matter of time.
I am keeping my wife in visit visa for the time being.
i hope, soon we get the good news.

hello vengate
it is long time we heard from you.me too also heard the same news.if the law changes will i get a residence visa to uae.since i have been deported will the new law change will benifit people like me? hope you will respond to my post very soon.god bless you and your family.

Hi all,

Please please Can someone advise me on Al Ain Medical test procedure, whether hep.B will be tested or not.  The rules are like Abudhabi. Cause i need to take up a decision soon. Presently i am working in abudhabi and want to change the job, so if i change the job in abudhabi will they test for hepa.b, i am an engineer by profession. will i be banned if it is a new visa, what is the procedure for visa renewal. Thanks in advance.

I don't see any reason why the government is doing all this nonsense. First, hepaB is not airborn disease. Second, there are cases of HBsAg positive who are not infectious at all. Third, how can a HOUSEWIFE infect others??? I was never infected by my wife who was HBsAg positive long time ago.

Very sad thing that this law's ultimate effects - pushing away capable and fit professionals away from UAE, and causing marriage to be marred since the spouse is prohibited to enter UAE.

I Absolutely agree with RDS. just cant understand the logic behind this exercise. apart from few categories of workers others are absoulutely harmless. i have been staying with my family for past 26 years none of them is infected. either the people sitting at the helm in MOH dont understand what is HEP B or they are just stubborn not willing to accept the fact... we are just like any other normal people

This Rule should be removed. Majority of the people whio are positive carrier of HBsAg does not transfer to others and it could remain in their blood for life as it is not active at all to do some medical cure.
This rule should be removed. Can someone ask them (MOH)how a HOUSEWIFE can spread disease to others??????

i am a new user in dis forum.Im also hepb healthy carreer my husband works in abudhabi he enquired about this thing from the staff of hospital but every body was least interested in listeningthe thing so he enquired about it from the assistant director she sai d that she cant help as dis is a law in uae she said that she knows that im safe to every 1 but still dis is a law she said she has also recommended that dis law shud b removed but they were not agree wid this lets hope for d best and pray that may this law shud b removed.my dna pcr is negative hbeag is negative and liver function test is almost in normal condition  i dont no whether shud i go for the test or ask it befor? will they allow me to stay in auh after knowing that im hbsag+as am a house wife will they allow me. it was detected during my pregnancy when i was in india but my baby  and my husband is hbsag-alhamdolillah pls help me i want 2ask is there any way to stay in uae in dis condition if there is so pls let me know wid whom shud i meat regarding dis matter

hi raksh

you better enquire it in ministry of health.r u in uae or in india? if you go for a medical test you will be banned.anyway you enquire it in ministry and let us know what the ministry had told.

Hi vengates no news yet

vengates wrote:

Hi
i am still waiting for good news from MOH. every week i am following with the Director of preventive medicine, MOH.
the change of rules are on paper and waiting for ministry approval. they are saying it is just matter of time.
I am keeping my wife in visit visa for the time being.
i hope, soon we get the good news.

i heared some newspaper also mentioned about this possibilty of changes in law regarding this hbsag issue.(indian news paper- Malayala manorama).

why cant we (everyone here in this forum) contact the MOH and health authority to chang this new rule?. Aleast family visa should be stamped so that there wont be "desperate wives/husband" because of a simple hbsag

[email protected] is the contact e-id of moh

now im in auh.but im on visit viza.my husband is trying to get some contacts  so that some one helps me in this matter but everybody is helpless .i think rafeekmk is saying absolutely right we shud not wait for even we shud file petition  regarding dis that this law shud b immediately removed coz im very much disturbed just becoz of this hbsag tag im unable to live wid my husband even my dr said that im absolutely fine like normal human being but i dont no why they people don understand the thing i think they dont know the ABCD of hbsag thats why they are getting skared i m living wid my husband my babyif they dont get infected why the other people of uae will get infected imnot going to live with the whole population of uae i just want to live wid my husband thats it they shud understand if they are reading dis forum i think we shud file petition firstly they shud know that hbsag+ does not indicate that we r going to spread this desease if every thing  the major things are negative then whats the use of hbsag+ can anybody tell me how to contact wid the right person who really understan the matter

yes what rafeek told is true.i too read the same news in manorama news paper.but i dont know how much truth is there in that news.yaa every one in this forum should contact moh to change this rule.as it appeared in news paper if the govt is planning to have a change in the rule then our petitions may help them to think wisely and by gods grace sometimes will help them to speed up in taking a decission regarding this stupid rule.

i am continously in contact with MOH. they are still discussing this issue.
next week i am going to MOH office in karama. i will update you after that

We cannot use this email ([email protected] is the contact e-id of moh), this will just reply to us telling the number where we can contact MOH, but when we call to MOH, we cannot directly speak to the head of MOH.

I think, we should make a draft letter of our petition then directly hand it over to the head of MOH not to just anybody in MOH.

i think u all guys are on aright path even my husband is planning to file a petition against this issue w e shud all unite against this rule then only something gud can happaen inshallah even the dr of uae thinks that this rule  is not correct they also know that if a person is in healthy career stage that means he/she is not contagios to any body i don no why the moh is not aware to it if the drs. are saying it is harmless but still these stupid people stands on there own place they dont want to move even they dont want to move there brain actually i  hope that something gud will be happen inshallah and i m praying to god as well togive some brain to these people so that they understand the emotions of us and change the rule inshaallah

one thing i want to ask suppose if the rule changes inshallah it will change in dubai only or in abudhabi also? coz i don khnow as i m new to this place so im not aware of it becoz the moh is different of different places like moh of dubai is different they may have different conception.according to me i think they shud have change in the whole uae.

if this rule changes the change will occur in whole uae.for such cases there is no separate rule for dubai or abudabi or sharjha etc.whatever new rule comes it will be for whole of uae.yes we should file petetion against this stupid rule that they are following now.but i am in india now.i have been banned from uae.so how can we file petetion against this.can anyone give suggestions for this.

but i think ur husband is in uae right he can file it on ur behalf by the way in uae there are so many people who r hbsagpositive those people r more then enoough to file it its not necessary for u to b here to file  if this rule changes deffinitely it will change for u also just pray to god inshallah the outcome will b in a favour of us i hope so

hi all!!!

i need some information from you guys if anyone can tell me that any other country in GCC is not checking Hbsag??.

Dear Friends,
Yesterday I cleared my Blood Test for Visa Renewal. Since my visa was engineer category they didn't check Hepatitis –B only they r checking HIV. I checked with my college who‘s visa's r in some other category, they r checking only HIV for Renewal. But I am sure that they are checking HIV, HEP – B, X-ray for new visa regardless of all categories.

can anybody tell me about my hbsag profile im hbsag positive hbeag negative dna pcr is negative anti hbe is negative how is it possible becoz some where i read that once u r hbeag positive automatically anti hbe negative or vice versa .is it posibble if hbeag is nehgative anti hbe is also negative along with that can some body tell me becoz mine is d different case  in this casemy hbeagand antihbe both r negative is that possible? after those report i didnt meet with the dr so that i may asked about it. but i m really confused, sinse i have been positive for past 1 1/2 yr as i dont have much khnowledge about it that means anti bodies have not been developed against hbeag. is it po ssible pls.

Hi thbt,rosankumar,vengates,rds & all

Can someone advise me on Al Ain Medical test procedure, whether hep.B will be tested or not for new visa.  The rules are like Abudhabi or different??. Cause i need to take up a decision soon.  What if the visa is transferred with NOC. Still there will be a medical check up or only visa transfer. Thanks in advance.

hi raksh,

I think Oman is not checking this hepa b. All other gcc countries are doing this.  bye all the best.

god bless all of us.

thanks vengates for replying us back.keep in touch with us.my hus is also trying to plan petition against this law.but it is difficult to touch with head of moh.

hai raksh

ur hbeag is negative means ur virus is not a spreadable one.but it will remain in ur blood for ever.u r like any other normal people.since there is no antibody for this virus it cannot be cured totally.but there are people who becomes hbsag negative after a long time.i think thats possible only by the gods grace.anyway pray to god.he will surely hear our prayers.god bless you.

broad,

the rule is the same wherever you go especially for new visa application. for visa transfer, i think you have already asked the question before and i told you need to check with the immigration department.

dear all,

any update for the visa change policies in uae??? we have to be serious to submit some petition to the govt. against this law and that's to be in urgent basis becoz ones they decided the second phase of this law then it will not be changed for long time. for that we really need some doctors, some lawyers and if possible then some locals to be with us and support us in terms of contacts and detals of hb+ to the govt. i really need the no. to be ready for the petition. so please send your mesg. and add yourself with your name and your serial no. after me (Eg. Raksh No. 1) to tell exactly how many no. we have total in this forum.

I agreed with raksh...i'll be d first to join for d petition
shoegal No.2
Come on guys, pls make this petition possible..we need d solution asap. N we need d right person / locals who can make d big influence for senior MOH so at least they hear our petition.

GBUs

hi shoegal

Hi all!
After deportation due hbsag+ I can not to do anything, because I am outside UAE and I have not any familiar lawyer, doctor or local. So, I don't know what shall I do really for support our petition.
But in same time we must to do something. More than half of year I read the forum every day. So many broken lifes, so much misery! But still nothing was changed. We need to activate the process. Let's try! Nobody will do it if we will so passive!
T D 99, No3

hi raksh

annefrank No.4. anyway all the best.lets hope our petition will be granted by the authorities.

betsybub no. 5

Hi rosankumar,

On what hospital did u take your medical test? And do you know anybody in that hospital?

hi i want  2 inform u all that igot a message from some one who was deported from here but an individual has sent all the information like name and pasport no so thAT the person may added in a petition those who r not here but the num of people shud b maximum who r against this rule then oly they may consider otherwise if there will be 4 or 5 members then it would b difficult to convinse them those people who r not here they may send there pasport no and name etc.may b it can help

what about vengates he has to meet some body at moh in karama any updates i think he has to meet in this week only

i think we should seek some suggestions from vengates.since he is in regular contact with the moh his suggestions will help us in filing the petetion.hope vengates will respond to us very soon.

raksh

does your hus has got any contact in moh.i am asking this bcoz as betsybub said the draft letter of our petetion should be handed over to the head of moh not just anybody in the moh.

broad no. 6