Hepatitis B infection

i have been trying to get in touch with my doctor contact for the past week without any success..his phone seems to  be off. Not sure if Venegates has had any luck??

Hello luvbugs!

As soon as I found out that I have Hepa B, my husband undergo same test and he's negative. We immediately go to Iranian hospital for the vaccination. It will be 3 injections. 2nd injection will be after a month from the first and the 3rd will be after 6 months. You just have to go to the building infront of the Iranian hospital. You need to cross the bridge to get there.Just show the test for your husband that he's negative with Hepa B and inform that you need Hepa B vaccination. It is only 100+ aed.

luvbugs wrote:

hi jajuchi you said you are a carrier since 1993 and yet your wife and kids are negative? let me ask you one thing, have they done vaccination? im a carrier and im so afraid for my husband been married for 3 years and he havnt done any vaccination. so pls midge help me out here if you can refer me to your Dr. who have done the test for you want to meet her to get vaccine for my husband.

I really thank God that I found this forum.  Like everyone else here, I have Hepatitis B.  And it is so unfortunate that I am in a country where I feel like I am helpless and the law is very uncertain.

I came here to Dubai last year on a visit visa.  I was able to find a job but unfortunately I found out that I have Hepatitis B.  But still I felt blessed because the company did not deport me, they just normally canceled my visa so my husband can still get me visit visa. 

Like Midge, I am also a healthy carrier.  Since last year, my husband is just getting me visit visa. Our baby is also here and she has already residence visa.

Now, it is a problem for us because there is a new rule in Dubai to get a new visit visa, one has to exit for 30 days.

My husband decided to get me a residence visa but haven't gone through the medical test.  The validity of my visa will expire in 3 weeks.

I was delighted to see this forum and know that me and my husband are not alone in this battle and struggle. 

Midge and Vengates, please let me know the update regarding the possibility of the rule change in medical.

Thank you everyone for the encouragement.

God bless us all.

Hi Yeesha

if your husband gets you a residence visit will you not have the same problem re the Hep B and medical?

Are you sure that you have to leave the country for 30 days? or does that depend on the passport that you hold? I was told that you can come right back into the country (I know people who have gone to oman for the day and come back). but they were british passport holders.

burdubaiexpat wrote:

Hi Yeesha

if your husband gets you a residence visit will you not have the same problem re the Hep B and medical?

Are you sure that you have to leave the country for 30 days? or does that depend on the passport that you hold? I was told that you can come right back into the country (I know people who have gone to oman for the day and come back). but they were british passport holders.

Hi Burdubaiexpat,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it is the new rule from the immigration right now. Supposedly my husband would get me a new visit visa but he wasn't allowed anymore because of the new rule not unless I would be able to exit for 30 days.  So my husband decided to take me a residence visa.   I am pending right now for my medical.

We also verified the new rule and it is still in effect.  The immigration are giving exemptions to European passports. 

I pray that what Vengates has posted was really true about that changing of rule regarding the medical.

We really want to stay together here.

God bless us all.

i have read an update as of november 2009 regarding hepa B check this link
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/healt … d-1.523637

I checked the article but seems it is negative for us =(
Hope they will come up with a better news soon!

luvbugs wrote:

i have read an update as of november 2009 regarding hepa B check this link
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/healt … d-1.523637

hello anyone who can tell me if i can work as assistant teacher when im a hepa b carrier, should i need to undergo medical test again for the labor card? i worked in the office before and they'd process my labor card without medical is it  b'coz im on husband's sponsor? now i want to know how is the procedure if your work is as assistant teacher? any idea from you guys? upon reading the issue regarding deportation i feel like my days are counted, i only have limited stay in the gulf. And in my case i was married to other nationality if time come and we'll both deported in our own country then our marriage is over if both out country has the same rule.hayz worstttttttttt..

jajuchi wrote:

hi guys,
I have been offered a managerial position in Dubai and the offer is really good. My only concern is that I am a passive Hepatitis B carrier. I have it since way back 1993. My wife does not have it and so are my kids.
The company wants me to come in thru a visit visa and then converts it into a working visa. I'm not really sure if my having a Hepatitis B infection would jeopardize my employment.
Please, anyone who's knowledgeable about visa procedure or have similar experience enlighten me on this one.
Thanks a lot.

jan

Hi guys I have the same problem like you. Have you already have any information about that, please share ?

I think all hepa B healthy carriers should unite and apply to the MOH with our tests. My doctor in Dubai told me to try doing that.

stasya wrote:

I think all hepa B healthy carriers should unite and apply to the MOH with our tests. My doctor in Dubai told me to try doing that.

I think so Stasya that will have an effect with them.  We can try.

Vengates and Burdubaiexpats,

How are you?  Did you have any update regarding the possibility of changing the rules for medical?

I am very, very scared. 

Thank you and God bless us all.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArti … ion=theuae please checked this link thought its was last year.

http://www.uaeinteract.com/docs/New_med … /32174.htm

Good news?? Hepatitis B is not mentioned...

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/healt … s-1.531078

fred,
May be this is for free Zones. It Talks about Tecom area. I am not sure.

Jan, I actually think this might vary from emirate to emirate. I was given the first injection of the Hep B vaccine(there are 3) here in 1998 when I arrived in Sharjah. When I returned to the uAE in 2003, no one ever confirmed that I had been vaccinated for it w/ the final 2 shots, nor did they, to the best of my knowledge, test. In fact, at that time, I was told we were only tested for HIV and possibly TB(for educators). Well, recently here in Abu Dhabi, I know of a teacher sent home after a month after they realised she had TB. Also, if you check expatforum.com, I believe someone on there has tested positive for Hep B, and is being sent home. Do check out that forum for details. I think it can hinder your chances, but it seems that the field you work in and part of the country that you're in seem to play a role in whether or not it's a deal breaker. HOpe that helps.

what happened here? its seems the forum is quiet for a days, been checking it everyday for a new post? where are you guys?

CHecking for any updates from Ministry of Health however it seems there is none yet.It is more on H1N1 news... please if anyone has an update for Hepatitis from MOH, please post it.

hi,guys.

i have been in dubai for 3 years now.i am an hep carrier.i have it since birth.

i got my first residence here almost 3 years ago even with hep b. i don't know how i passed the medical exam.

february,i moved to a freezone company.i had my medical exam and detected of having the virus.

i kept praying.

my current employer placed me on the so-called " special arrangement." my medical result was referred to one hospital. i got there thru the arrangement of the company's hr.

i was asked which industry my employer belongs.if, it is at any point related to food. i said no.

after about 10 mins, i was called again. the secretary handed me my "medically fit" to work certificate and asked me to " be careful and take treatment."

Dear All,

I spoke with the senior doctor at the MOH again last week and he now advises me that he is unsure as to when the government will pass the amendment to the Hep B testing (where office workers would be required to be tested for it). In fact, i have spoken with him 4 times in the past month (calling every week for updates) and he seemed not too positive but I dont know why.

When I spoke with him the first time and advised him that according to blood testing I had done in my home country, that my viral load was low and that I worked in an office (as opposed to handling food). He said at that time, that if the new law did not pass, he may be able to give me an exception and a certificate of medical fitness. This last week when I asked him about that again, he said no.

So I am not sure what is happening and why the change.

Does anyone have any different news from me?

The blog entry before mine from Umbrella seems promising however where the person here for 3 years got an exception from the hospital. Unlike in my case however, this person was renewing the visa and had the support of the employer. So it does show that exceptions are given by the government....although I have yet to hear of an exception being granted for new visa applications.

I have been waiting for the rules to change so i can go back to the company in dubai and get my job back. But now I am discouraged about Dubai and need to move on. Does anyone know if the Hep B rule also applies in other GCC countries like Oman, Bahrain, etc??? The website information on these countries is not very conclusive if Hep B testing is required (they just say "medical").

Thanks

Hi umbrella.
When was your medical test and from what govt hospital did u take the test?
May be we can talk to the doctor that gave you the approval for being medically fit.
Maybe for our case (hep b carrier), we can come to that doctor for medical test since you were given approval.

hi to all...im a new member but have been following this forum early this year. thanks to all who have shared their experiences and thoughts. Like many of us here, I am scared of my visa renewal next year. :(

Hi All,
I recently arrived Ajman, UAE. I am into SALES for a company.
I was tested HBV + and I never knew about it.
But gave me clearance as I was not assosicated with Food, health  or private services. My Health card is valid for one year (2010) .So now I have till next december for my medical again.

Now I have some important questions:

1) I would like to get cured !!!!!!
Please recommend me any good hospital/clinic where i can get my self checked up and cured :(
I seem to be healthy though.

2)I would like to know from you guys ... will I get deported if I was found HBV positive by Hospital/Clinics too?

Would be glad to receive some support
thanks

hi all,
pls check dha uae site, individul services... medical fitness certificate,,,

Finder,

Its a very good find :), All please check this,

http://www.dohms.gov.ae/MedicalServices … ficate.htm

Does it mean that we go to their premises to take the certificate?

Also just see the date when this page was updated

Last modified on: 01 Apr 2009

yes its all authentic info i cld find after  5 hours of hard work... So basically  renewal cases and dependant visas   wont b a prob..so  vengette  shd not have a problem.... and pls try not to get ur visas cancelled... get an noc for renewals.. avoid new visa applications...

finder,

if i find a new job how can i renew the visa without getting my old visa cancelled? you mean if my old employer can give me an noc it can be transfered?
i remember couple of years back i had a free zone visa and i asked my current employer to transfer it to dubai visa and they said its not possible. any idea how this can be done

Hi
For everybody's peace of mind, i think we better confirm the info's from the website given by finder. Maybe we can ask one of the officials from DOHMS to verify the validity of these info's. Anybody knows how to reach them?

hi there, all o u all... yes they  have  a  tollfree number where u can ask them ... had seen it on one of their  sites... wl find and post  it... believe  rules hv become flexible and d dohms  info is  correct... asked d headnurse @  one d baladia clinics in sharjah... pray   it gets easy for all... what happened tp venegates case???????????

and  please  till u all dont confirm this info from d horses  mouth, try  sticking to the present  job.... atleast renewal cases  wont have  probc.... and believe in  god....

try al maktoum medical fitness centre..they may be able to help
04 219 66 66

Hi everyone,

Im very happy to hear all the post u had in this forum it help me a lot, by the way im also hepa b positive but my baby boy who is 1 yr old now and my husband is negative, however my problem now i will renew my residence visa and im having my medication since last week...but still the result is positive, is there any posibility that i can have another visa even im positive coz my visa is for renewal and i just want to ask everybody....esp midge if you can give me information if where i can get the test and if the doctor who checked u up and give u medical fit result might help me also in my case, i dont want to be deported coz i've been here since 2005 and my husband is here as well as my son...please help me guys...thank you so much.

from what i've heard they have consideration for those who already have a residence visa and for renewal, but im not yet totally sure because some medical fitness if they found out that u are positive even u have a very low percent in infecting others they will just shut you down as long as u are positive in hepa....it affects me too much coz my future is already here with my family...its hard to deal with everything you know i couldnt sleep anymore...please guys include me in ur prayer..thanks you so much and hope to hear from all of you.

Yes that's right. I remember the doctor told me that it could have been a problem renewing my visa if the last employer has cancelled it. Good thing its transfer only.

finder wrote:

yes its all authentic info i cld find after  5 hours of hard work... So basically  renewal cases and dependant visas   wont b a prob..so  vengette  shd not have a problem.... and pls try not to get ur visas cancelled... get an noc for renewals.. avoid new visa applications...

Hi!
If it's a private clinic then you do not have any problem as they take good care of whatever medical results of their clients.
However if it's a government hospital then they might take an action.
Just make sure next year it will be just a renewal of visa. Don't cancel and renew it as it could result to a problem.
I don't feel anything also. I feel healthy but i need to be healthier now. Stay away from oilu foods & alcohol.

djbaldy wrote:

Hi All,
I recently arrived Ajman, UAE. I am into SALES for a company.
I was tested HBV + and I never knew about it.
But gave me clearance as I was not assosicated with Food, health  or private services. My Health card is valid for one year (2010) .So now I have till next december for my medical again.

Now I have some important questions:

1) I would like to get cured !!!!!!
Please recommend me any good hospital/clinic where i can get my self checked up and cured :(
I seem to be healthy though.

2)I would like to know from you guys ... will I get deported if I was found HBV positive by Hospital/Clinics too?

Would be glad to receive some support
thanks

Hello Unico!
I will include you in my prayers. I don't want to give you false hopes but as long as your work is  not related to food, hospital and childrens then there is big possibility that you will have your visa renewed.
Also, I hope you're working in a good supportive company. Because I they will ask your employer if they have any objection.I am so lucky that I am working with a very good company. Our HR will always ask me if I've been going to my regular test and check up. Also HEpa B is not covered by insurance however company asked me to have it reimburse and file it as expenses.
My renewal will be on 2012. But maybe by that time I will feel the same as I do not have assurance that they will still grant me residence visa. For the meantime, what I can do is save save and save money for my future and family. I do not have kids yet but I am planning next year. As per the doctor I will not pass it to the baby - i really hope i will not.

Unico wrote:

from what i've heard they have consideration for those who already have a residence visa and for renewal, but im not yet totally sure because some medical fitness if they found out that u are positive even u have a very low percent in infecting others they will just shut you down as long as u are positive in hepa....it affects me too much coz my future is already here with my family...its hard to deal with everything you know i couldnt sleep anymore...please guys include me in ur prayer..thanks you so much and hope to hear from all of you.

Midge,

When you say get a NOC for renewal what do you mean. You mean NOC from the same company for renewal or NOC from previous employer to transfer to new one and that is also safe you mean?

It is No objection cert. from your previous employer. There are some companies that if they know that you'll be joining a company that has the same field as your new then they might not give you NOC or maybe even ban you from working. Technical Engineers are good sample on this.

cheekoo wrote:

Midge,

When you say get a NOC for renewal what do you mean. You mean NOC from the same company for renewal or NOC from previous employer to transfer to new one and that is also safe you mean?