New and looking to explore!

Hi,

I've never posted in these forums before and not sure how normal protocol works (hope this message gets out to people!)

Im here from NYC for an internship lasting 2 months. I've been here for a week now and looking for other foreigners to explore with. Anyone willing to give suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Noticed I just missed the recent wine tour and would love to hear of any other activities going on.

Thanks for reading!

Hello Ritzyy!

Welcome to Expat.com :)
How is Beijing so far?
Hope you will make many new contacts soon!

Regards
Armand

so far so good, visited family friends for dinner and havent gotten out much past the 3rd ring. nervous to travel far, but have plans with coworkers tomorrow.  is making new contacts on this site similar to "friending" people on facebook? lols i probably sound like a noob.

Welcome to Expat.com Ritzyy !

Hi Ritzyy,

Try joining InterNations. If you request an invitation, they should send one to you. It's an online social network, but they have offline events in various cities around the world. In Beijing, they usually have an event on the 3rd Thursday of every month and you are in luck -- the June event is this Thursday at the Hard Rock Cafe. It's a bit pricey, but probably worth it so that you can meet people.

If you like to hike, you can join Beijing hikers for day trips beijinghikers.com   

Have fun!

Hey, I'm visiting Beijing for the first time in early August. If you're free to catch up let me know.

[email protected]

I'm from Melbourne Australia

Cheers

Court

@adveturesq!

thanks i'll look into that today, however since im on an internship i'm not sure if i fulfill the whole "employment" portion of the application.

@Courtneyc
I'll be here til the beginning of august, if i'm still around i'd love to meet up!

Hey Ritzzy,

I just joined this a while ago looking for a soccer team and somehow stumbled upon your post.

I am  college student from Connecticut and I am currently on an internship in Beijing.

I've been trying to find people to explore the nightlife around here. Feel free to message me.

Mike

Ritzzy hi

Yup you missed the wine tour but have no fear we have a new expat-blog daytip planned for Sat 23 July. I will post the info shortly.

Easy to meet people in Beijing, lots of events and activities going on all the time and all over town.

InterNations? Yes it is one option but they only meet once a month. The Fortune Connection Club (aka FC Club) meets nearly every Tuesday, Oriented meet once a month, AmCham once a month.

There are also sport groups/teams, community theatre groups,quiz nights at some of the bars..if you can think of something it probably exists somewhere in Beijing ...okay maybe not riding a camel round Tianamen Square.:D

Pick up one of the expat magazines (for example: The Beijinger, City Weekend, Agenda).

Disclaimer: I organise the FC Club events in Beijing.

Thank Manlin for all the info!

Could you pass me a schedule for when and where those clubs meet? I'm free everyday after 6! Any further info is greatly appreciated!

Ritzyy hi

will send you a pm with detailed info about the coming FC Club events. I don't think I post all the info here 'cos it will become an advertisement.

However, the next ones are:

Tues: 28 June from 7:30pm
Tues: 12 July from 7:30pm
Tues: 19 July from 7:30pm

welcom dear to best forume ever