40k ATM's in Port Louis?

Greetings Fellow Cashpats,

I know this might be a long shot but would anyone know if there are any ATMs in Port Louis capable of dispensing 40k in one go?

So far I've only found one on the island (Barachois/Tamarin).

Reason I'm asking is that my European bank charges me inhumane amounts for each withdrawal, so withdrawing 8*5k or 4*10k quickly becomes very expensive..

In other words, the question is: Have you ever withdrawn 40k from a Port Louis ATM (or elsewhere), and if so, would you be so kind so as to let me know where?

Thanks for stopping by my post :)

Am not too sure that is correct info, but I think if you have an account at Banque Des Mascareignes you should be able to do so.

For MCB is 10K max, and I suppose for most other banks it's 20K.

Here's is the link: banquedesmascareignes.mu Banque des Mascareignes .Give them a shout, they might be in a better position to help!

Hello bepster!

I hope that you will soon get replies to your query.

Regards,
Harmonie.

hi bepster

i use a cheque book for

i write cash on it, the user goes and push in into his account. paying foreign through paypals

maybe it might help
islander.

@Alisa

I'm talking about credit cards issued by a European bank. With my local bank in Mauritius everything is fine, since there are no withdrawal charges here.

Anyway, to return to my initial query, and perhaps it might help others;

I managed to withdraw 30k in one go at SBM near Caudan in Port Louis today, but that was the only one I could find (in that area). Most ATM's had a limit of either 10 or 20k.

So, for 40k withdrawals I need to go to Tamarin ...

bepster wrote:

@Alisa

I'm talking about credit cards issued by a European bank. With my local bank in Mauritius everything is fine, since there are no withdrawal charges here.

Have you actually been to any of the banks and asked them about their withdrawal limits, since most of the HQ are in PL (except for Barclays and HSBC which are in Ebene)?I find it strange that you don't have withdrawal charges, especially for credit cards. Anyway, good luck finding the info.

Anyway, to return to my initial query, and perhaps it might help others;

I managed to withdraw 30k in one go at SBM near Caudan in Port Louis today, but that was the only one I could find (in that area). Most ATM's had a limit of either 10 or 20k.

So, for 40k withdrawals I need to go to Tamarin ...

@islander

Yes, cheque books are great if your bank is local, but with a European credit card it's not possible to do that.

It's a small problem I guess, really, but I thought perhaps there were expats out there thinking the same thing.

Maybe I'm just too cheap :/

@alisa

It is not account related. It's not about the withdrawal limits on the account, it's about what the ATM's are capable of.

I can withdraw any amount (well, I wish) from any ATM but it depends on what the physical ATM can actually handle (or what the bank has decided is the limit for that ATM).

As for withdrawal charges, of course they are there if one would withdraw on credit, but that's not the case (in my case).

hi friend,

but if you leave a sum on your local bank.

i do internet banking, current accounts & savings+manage my credit card online, plus in liason with paypal

cheque books for the current, savings for the few cents that i'm left after payments, credit card+paypal through security.

only with mcb i can do the last part online!

cheers man, i hope you find a solution

nice wk
i