Vision to live & work in Essaouira

I am a retired teacher (Pure Maths) and live-music events manager (Avalon Stage, Glastonbury Festival) who is currently living & working in southern Spain after over 4 years teaching English and playing concerts in Sri Lanka, Nepal & India (Goa & Karnataka). I would like to rent a studio (long-term) where I can record my songs (soft ballads / world folk roots) and teach English (and other subjects). I am alone and need advice on accommodation and how I can hire a van to transport me from Andalucía to Essaouira.

Hi and welcome on board Graham !

I would suggest you to post an advert in the accommodation section of Essaouira classifieds.
It might help !

Regards
Armand

thanks for the reply armand
will check out the classifieds
any other advice gratefully received

Hi Graham, I am renting an apartment in Essouira from the 01/01/2012 for two weeks and the guy who found it for me was pretty good. He's a property broker. I don't want to speak too soon though because so far I've only just paid the deposit! However I met him and asked him to find me something and he had the right place for me the next day. Not bad for Maroc. Good rate as well.
Anyhow I shall be back there in a few days to settle in. Such a great town a very healthy place to hang out.
Maybe we can meet up whilst you are there.
As far as renting a van in Spain and bringing it to Morocco I honestly couldn't say but it might be OK if you take it back to Ceuta or Mellila and not the Spanish mainland.
Best of Luck. Joe...

HI 
I AM YOUSSEF FROM MOROCCO
O LIVE IN ESSAOUIRA
I THINK I CAN HELP YOU BY GIVEN YOU ADVICES ABOUT HOW TO SETLE IN ESSAOUIRA

Hi Youssef

Me and my partner are seriously thinking of moving to Morocco in a few years....

Need lots of advice!