No Idea!

hi
hopefully i'll be moving to Mauritius at the end of the year. I'm born in uk, but mauritian heritage. My wife is mauritian. We've just had a baby boy - 16mths now. we want to move for a better life, for us, and our child... but..
i have absolutely NO IDEA what i can do there!
I cant speak french, no expeience in IT, Accounting, etc. I have 15 years Airport experience which i cant rely on. Dont have much savings...the main thing is i have a huge family base there.
Trying to come up with hair brained money making schemes- but they are either illegal for just plain daft.
I think i'll end up selling coconuts on the beach!

Hello Carlito505

Maybe you could browse on job sites that advertise vacancies here in MRU. Coz if don't have any idea of what you want to do, we sure as hell wouldn't either! :P

One idea is to study for an undergraduate course in UK. Once you come here, coupled with your experience... UK degrees are much more expensive to get when you're Mauritian born.

Or you can start a BPO business outsourcing work from UK to Mauritius. You'll need a team in both countries and knowledge of business.

how bout a travel consultant? or setting up a freight agency, uk to mauritius? i'm sure the guys will appreciate here,

nice D to british guyz, top hat :)

Thx guys for your comments
@alisa_ram
Well ive trawled the mru website. nothing that really im qualified for.
@ashvindx
i already have a BSc(in Chemistry and management), but was yrs back. Most of my experience in now in the airline industry.
@islander77
i actually have looked into that and im in the process of setting up a sole trader company. Ive got a few other seeling ideas as well, but i really have to do a bit of market research when i go over (hopefully next month!)

Again thx for your replies!

I suggest you come here on a short visit and check out your options. we are all here to help.
Cheers
Terence

You could try testing and certification companies here. Or just contact the Air Mauritius and see if they might need some qualified personnel.