New members of the Morocco forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Morocco forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Morocco if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Great food. Good weather and friendly people.

Hi Everybody

I'm planning to come to Marrakesh in April and start my live in Morocco.
I used to live in Agadir for work before the demise of Thomas Cook.

I'm looking for people to meet, activities to do, jobs to work and places to live.

Any tips are most welcome and I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

Hi everyone,
I am not new to the forum, I used it once before but I find it very helpful. I once again will try to make my move to Morocco maybe to Tanger this time. I am planning to go there either May or June not later than that and hopefully find a teaching job.
And I want to see if anyone has some information of how much a place to myself could cost?

Just like FonkeVa any tips are welcome! Thanks!

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thank you for introducing yourselves!

You are most welcome to ask the community for their guidance on the Morocco forum when it comes to any question you may have about moving to/living in Morocco.

Do not forget also to browse through the many articles in our Living in Morocco guide. Quite a few subjects have been touched on, ranging from prices for rentals, the job sector in different cities, the health system to various leisure activities you can enjoy in Morocco.

All the best for your future plans,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Hello Adriana ,
Morocco is a beautiful country a lot of foreign love it specially because the people are so friendly and the culture is awesome , you want to move to tanger the north bride city , i live in right now so if you need help i will happy to answer  .
There is a lot of places if you want to stay like find an appartement in center city or in other  area or find house in the old city ... The prices are linked with the area of the house style .
its depend on your budget too from 150 euro to 1000 euro .

Hello,
Thank you for your message! I have been to Morocco before and as you said... I fell in love with the culture and how friendly people are. I do want to try and go to Tanger this time because I when i went there, i went to Casa and it is nice but i do want to see and experience other places.
Also, i am wondering how much an apartment in a safe area and how much would that kinda cost?

Once again, thanks for your message and if you could give me more info about that city, I will truly appreciate it!

Hello Adriana , you welcome we are here to help all members .
About the appartment in a safe area will cost you from 300 euro to 500 euro , there is mershan and medina and iberia and nejma and malabata those places are safe and close to the center and the beach and everything you want .
Or you can choice a flat house like a small appartment for a low price or you can share house find in airbnb .
Tangier is a starting to be a big city like casa even if casa have 7 parts and tangier just 2 parts .
here tangier famous as a tourist city plus the opportunities of work going to grow up more and more thats make people come from all places to be here and look for job all this are affect in living and make it go in expensive ways unlike casa .
Foreign come a lot to see old city and kasba and hercules hole and the two beaches and camels and cap spartel and haffa cafe and lot of things ...
There is lot of spain people come visit it because spain close to tangier .
there is the england school and americain school and renault school and lot of international schools here that foreign student come to study in .
There is an animals sanctuary that are famous too if you would like to volunteer or work with them .
People are nice here too and they speak foreign lang specially spanish and some english and frensh .
If you want to find a house or more info contact me a message i will happy to help you .

Hi there,
My son is in Morocco now , he is staying with a friend in a city called Fnideq , I would like him to get to know Morocco and maybe volunteer in the animal sanctuary that  you were talking about, can you plz contact me on my watssap for more detail
Best regards

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons, but rather exchange them privately.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Sorry I've forgotten the country code
He is looking for volunteering work in Tangier

Hello Sanae ,
Okay i will contact you to give you more information about that .

Hello

I am Sharif living in USA and planning to visit often and then may be move to Morocco. I am still in research phase and trying to find out which city to stay the most and how to live in Morocco. I love to learn about different cultures, talk to different people and just explore the countries. I am originally from Pakistan. I need help to find out cost of living if I live in a Studio in a nice place.

Welcome

Welcome im from inzegane

Hello Group

My name is Hayat and I live in USA, planing to move to Morocco in the future , thanks for allowing me to be part of the group.

Hello Hayat your most welcome here. If you got any questions, we are here to help.
Be safe where you are

thank you very much, very kind of you

Hello, I'm from Australia. I'm waiting for covid19 to be over so I can move to Casablanca to be with my fiance. Thank you for having me on this forum.

Hello sleepessence,

Welcome to Expat.com, it's a pleasure having you in the community.  :top:

If you have any questions about the life in Casablanca before you move there, do not hesitate to post them on the forum. Our active members will try to guide you to their best.

You can also have a look at the Living in Morocco guide.

Good luck,

Cheryl
Expat.Com Team.

Hi and welcome , be free to ask anything  we are here to help,
stay safe

Hello Everyone,

I am from Brisbane, Australia and my amazing husband is from Souk El Arbaa Morocco in the Kenitra Province. I was originally suppose to move to Morocco in july 2020 however due to Covid i have to wait for the borders to open for me to go.

My Question is in regard to the Card Sejour (Certificate of residence) can this be used to open up a account? (not a convertible one) i am wanting to open up a joint account with my husband.

Any advice on this would be lovely.

Alhamdulillah  :)

stephandayoub1989 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am from Brisbane, Australia and my amazing husband is from Souk El Arbaa Morocco in the Kenitra Province. I was originally suppose to move to Morocco in july 2020 however due to Covid i have to wait for the borders to open for me to go.

My Question is in regard to the Card Sejour (Certificate of residence) can this be used to open up a account? (not a convertible one) i am wanting to open up a joint account with my husband.

Any advice on this would be lovely.

Alhamdulillah  :)

Yes you can

Thank you

Hello I live here in Texas grew up internationally with my parents .Travel to Morocco quite a few times  it's the place for me I lived all over including Puerto Rico and Europe  I own a beauty salon and manufacturer of salon products and mosquito repellent and I'm looking forward to moving to Morocco

Good evening

Most people especially the young generations ( under 40 ) speak French and English. Language barriers in morocco is usually a problem. You will be fine and you will not have culture shock in morocco. Morocco in a modern ( all the towns and cities ) and you will be surprised how similar things are compare to Europe and Canada. I hope this helps.

Hi,
I am Lakshmi. I come from Melbourne, Australia.
I have been living and working here for 2 years now.
I am looking forward to meeting members of the expat community.

Hello, my name is Aneta And i am from czech republic. I would like to find a work in Agadir.

Finding work in morocco can be difficult without the right qualifications and requires a work permit. Finding a company that will sponsor you will be the easy way unless you take your chances and go there and find work where your skills are required and hope that your employer will sponsor you. Unless you are looking for unauthorised work. I hope this helps.

Good morning all.
I am new to Expat forum. I have been living and working in Rabat for two years. 
I am a school teacher.
I come from Melbourne, Australia.
I am looking forward to hearing and meeting expats in Rabat and other parts of Morocco.

Greetings from Rabat and welcome aboard

At last we have someone in Rabat, warm welcome to Rabat

Hi everyone,
I am a student studying Pharmacy at Casablanca. Open minded. A pal to hang out with in Casablanca , for a language exchange,Friendship or for any health related information concerning your medication and accessing hospitals and clinics whiles in Morocco.
I speak English (native ) and fluent French.
Am trying to learn Spanish...any help would be appreciated.
I am a scientific writer....
I enjoy running and Am good on the guitar.
Hope to find some friendship.
Have a great day

Hello dear  Mart Noye,
First of all, Welcome to Expat & Morocoo 😊

I am living in Tangier and looking for some friendship too,

Would like to help you with your spanish (fluent) and to practice my english (basic) at the same time if you don't mind,

Also, I love singing, so Yes 🎶 we may could enjoy each other...

Looking forwards hearing from you !

Regards,
Amal,

:/

I am Obinna, 26 years old. I just moved to university of Mohammed 6 polytechnic UM6P in Benguerir for my MSc.
I would be happy to meet new friends to explore this country.

Hello, I'm looking for friends in Casablanca as well. I would be happy to meet anytime  :)

Hi Houda
Check your pm.....I replied to ur message

Bonjour je suis nouvelle sur expat je suis native de Lille dans le nord de la France j'y ai grandi et actuellement j'y suis encore je voudrais m'expatrier avec mes deux enfants de 15 ans et 14 ans je dois m'organiser pour trouver un appartement et du travail à Agadir j'ai eu la chance de me rendre une dizaine de fois à Agadir ville où sont enterrés mes parents paix à leur âme et où je voudrais vivre le restant de mes jours avec mes enfants dans les meilleures conditions et bien sûr les meilleurs délais je suis consciente que ce ne sera pas facile je compte sur vous s'il vous plaît pour me donner des conseils dans l'attente et le plaisir de vous lire cordialement

Hello everyone I am new to all of this I am from london just came to Marrakech about 2 weeks ago and I am interested in moving here , I am searching to meet new people and make new friends also I am planning to open a business so maybe get some help with that

Bonjour je suis native de Lille dans le nord de la France j'y ai grandi et actuellement j'y suis encore je voudrais m'expatrier avec mes deux enfants de 15 ans et 14 ans je dois m'organiser pour trouver un appartement et du travail à Agadir où j'ai eu la chance de me rendre une dizaine de fois et où sont enterrés mes parents paix à leur âme et aussi où je voudrais vivre le restant de mes jours avec mes enfants dans les meilleures conditions et bien sûr les meilleurs délais je suis consciente que ce ne sera pas facile je compte sur vous s'il vous plaît pour me donner des conseils dans l'attente et le plaisir de vous lire cordialement

Closed