New members of the Indonesia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Indonesia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Indonesia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Originally from Glasgow. Moved to Indonesia for work 2018, loved it so have decided to stay. I enjoy getting to different areas at weekends when work allows. Love the restaurants and busy bars and malls.
Have settled for now in Kemang area. I'd love to be able to get back into flying small aircraft as a hobby if there is a club around.
Looking forward to many more years in this great country.

Hi, and welcome to the forum. There are flying schools around but I have no idea if they are open to foreigners.

Ah I am Indonesian. Been an expat to UK a few years. Now settled back in Indonesia. Trying to go back to UK to work. :) No luck till present. However, indeed Indonesia is nice, that is why I am stuck in a moment and can't get out of it. :)
Looking for friends and networking to expand my horizon and maybe some business.

Hello ,
I am Keny. I have been staying to Indonesia for four months now. I love Indonesia and love to stay here for years now. I also love the humbleness of people here.  I have been searching for the job from the day I came here. I have also sent my resume to so many job offers but I have not received any response. Can someone please help me how can I apply for the job. I am a software engineer with working experience of 3 years.  Is there any university for Masters which teach completely in English ? Or any job recruitment agency ? Looking forward to get a help.
Thank you so much

Hi Keny
Welcome to the expat community
Applying for jobs direct within Indonesia you'll probably have zero chance at best
I would advise to look at the large international companies either based here or within singapore, malaysia, USA, Australia, China and Europe, you will have a better chance to be honest
They are many established international companies who do hire expats in certain jobs over local experience but are few and far between, IT engineers I can't comment but I would advise to research fabrication/ oils and gas fabrication within south east Asia for a starter especially with international companies

Hello Gwmeath,
Thank you so much for your help. Really appreciate it. I will look into large International Companies.  Thank you once again.

Of course. In Jakarta, You can go to Universitas Indonesia or BINUS University. They have an international program that is completely in English.  Just check their website

Thank you so much

Will be coming back to Jakarta this month after I get my kitas 😊😊

Heyy,

I have just joined to get some healthcare intel as currently wanting. Hopefully someone's out here with some good know how.

Have just spent a good while over here and have loved it. Well in Indonesia.

Hello and many thanks,

Juhones :)

Any idea how long on average it will take to get a telex to Singapore after the ministry of manpower approval?

Thanks.

Hi, I'm Sarimah from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. I'm here for work and really love the country. Culture and the Bahasa quite similar but sometime can be different meaning.
I am here to get connected to new friend and to network . Thank you

Hi everyone .. I'm fenty
Auditor in banking industry
Feel free to ask me.. If i know I'll help .. or know people know how to help

[Post under review]

That is great. Would love to meet you to learn more Sir.

Lets talk pls.

Good evening great people on the page. I am an expat and been here for the past two months. I am available to assist on Online English Teaching, Professional in Project works, School assignment, Java, website creating, building of apps for android and iPhone, article writing, digital marketing and general photo and video editing.  If you need assistance on any of these i can give them a professional TOUCH for you.

Eben Yelson wrote:

Good evening great people on the page. I am an expat and been here for the past two months. I am available to assist on Online English Teaching, Professional in Project works, School assignment, Java, website creating, building of apps for android and iPhone, article writing, digital marketing and general photo and video editing.  If you need assistance on any of these i can give them a professional TOUCH for you.

What type of visa are you on?

Hi people,

I'm Indonesian and never had a chance to be an expat on any country yet.
I'm here looking for a new friend and networking or maybe to get some job since now I'm free/jobless, hehehe.

eyueka wrote:

Hi people,

I'm Indonesian and never had a chance to be an expat on any country yet.
I'm here looking for a new friend and networking or maybe to get some job since now I'm free/jobless, hehehe.

Hi, and welcome to the forum. I'm also Indonesian but previously enjoyed a long expat experience in Indonesia. Like you, I'm unemployed but, unlike you, don't care because I'm lazy.

French engineer, I have spent the last 10 years abroad (South East Asia, Middle East & Africa) to experience field positions, team management, site work coordination, maintenance, project management, and lately transfer of technology.
Presently in activity in Indonesia till end 2020, I am strongly having a look at the market and seeking exciting professional challenges.

Hello Everyone,

I am Azira, I am from Malaysia currently living in a small town in Bali with my husband and 6 years old daughter since January 2020. My husband is a local and own a tourist transport and event services business here for the past 10 years. The next time anyone coming over and need someone to bring you around ***

And of course, I'm here to make new friends and also to reach out to expat mommies/daddies who is considering to homeschool their kids. What I mean by "Homeschool" is educating is done mainly by parents with help with outsourced educator, not "Homeschool" which parents send their kids to flexi- time school. I personally think the usage of "Homeschool" term here in Indonesia is not entirely accurate.

Anyhow, nice to meet all of you! Take care and stay healthy ! :heart:

Moderated by Loïc 3 years ago
Reason : please do not promote your services on the forum, thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi good afternoon everyone, hope you are all in safe condition, 'm Indonesian and never had a chance to be an expat on any country yet.
I'm here looking for a new friend and networking or maybe to get some job since now I'm free/jobless :)

I stay in Bali but some times i also go to Jakarta ...

Shawn here, pleased to meet you all, was in Jakarta from 2016 - 2018, occasionally still travel for business matter.
Now temporary based in Singapore.
Still looking to lock arms with great individuals in expanding the business. Currently running couple of markets including Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa, Hong Kong, and US.
Cheers.

Hi All,

My name's Callum and I'm looking to move out to Bali with my girlfriend, Belle, at the start of next year. We currently both live and work in London, I am a food & beverage Manager and Belle is a P.A for a marketing agency.

I am on the hunt for a management position around the Seminyak, Canggu area so if anyone has any pointers on where to look, that would be great!

Is your skill set something that an Indonesian is unable or unavailable to do?
If so, you should hunt around for appropriate companies.
If not, you can't get a legal work permit.

The lady has exactly the same to consider.

Thanks for getting back to me Fred.

I am a senior manager in the hospitality industry in London so I have some good experience that I can bring with me! Do you see many expats working in the hospitality industry in management positions in Indonesia or is it mainly locals?

If I do struggle to get a job before I move out there, is there any way of gaining a work permit before moving and then finding a job when I'm there?

Thanks for your help.

I gather some foreigners work there but I have no idea if they're legal or not.
A work permit is granted to an employer for a foreign employee to work at a specific address.

As you aren't married (unless things have changed), your visa applications would be entirely separate entities. That meaning, even if you get a work permit and visa, your girlfriend will still have to make her own application.

With ur skills, u can obtain a legal job in Indonesia, many foreigners works as manager in the hospitality industry, but u cant get a working visa before u have a job.
About ur wife, Im not sure she can get a iob with their skills, check this link, from pag 8 there is the list of all the jobs available to foreigners.

https://jdih.kemnaker.go.id/data_puu/Ke … 019_OK.pdf

So I think its better to come here on a Visit Visa, wich u can apply to the Indonesian Ambassy in ur country and allow u to stay 2 months and then u can renew without leave the country every month for max 4 times, for a total of 6 months, and look for a job.
Maybe in the meantime u can send ur CV to companies in the hospitality industry, u can find the biggest with Google, but be aware that postions as manager are very coveted and requires immediate interwiew and availabity.

Thanks very much for the help guys!

I think it sound like a good option to find a job while we're out there!

We've both been applying for plenty of jobs and belle has a good range of work experience which would suit her well out there!

Thanks again guys!

As was said above, a 30 day paid tourist visa is extendable so you can get a couple of months out here to explore possibilities.
I'd be tempted to hunt around on the net in order to find potential employers and arrange visit schedules so you maximise use of your time when physically in Indonesia.

Fred wrote:

As was said above, a 30 paid tourist visa is extendable so you can get a couple of months out here to explore possibilities.
I'd be tempted to hunt around on the net in order to find potential employers and arrange visit schedules so you maximise use of your time when physically in Indonesia.

Why not a Visit Visa, that allow them to stay here up to 6 months, without have to leave the country after 2 months, much better than a VOA.
They need more than 2 months looking for job, find it and wait the process for RPTKA , IMTA , Vitas and Kitas.

Marcello Manganese wrote:
Fred wrote:

As was said above, a 30 paid tourist visa is extendable so you can get a couple of months out here to explore possibilities.

Why not a Visit Visa, that allow them to stay here up to 6 months, without have to leave the country after 2 months, much better than a VOA.
They need more than 2 months looking for job, find it and wait the process for RPTKA , IMTA , Vitas and Kitas.

A sosbud would be a fine idea as it lasts 60 days and is extendable twice, however, I believe you still need a local sponsor for that type of visa. Of course the rules might well have changed since I last checked (I know I'm out of date on that stuff now) so sosbud requirements needs checking.

The easiest, if 30 days is enough, is a free visa on arrival, the second best being a paid 30 plus 30 extension (can you still do that at airport immigration?), then a sosbud.  It should be noted all these visas allow looking for work, but not actually doing any. I gather Bali agents dealing with sosbuds don't come cheap, but that might just be a case of shopping around.
I really must explore how much they charge as I gather it can make quite a good business - Perhaps worth a look for me to have a dabble in.

Fred wrote:
Marcello Manganese wrote:
Fred wrote:

A sosbud would be a fine idea as it lasts 60 days and is extendable twice, however, I believe you still need a local sponsor for that type of visa. Of course the rules might well have changed since I last checked (I know I'm out of date on that stuff now) so sosbud requirements needs checking.

The easiest, if 30 days is enough, is a free visa on arrival, the second best being a paid 30 plus 30 extension (can you still do that at airport immigration?), then a sosbud.  It should be noted all these visas allow looking for work, but not actually doing any. I gather Bali agents dealing with sosbuds don't come cheap, but that might just be a case of shopping around.
I really must explore how much they charge as I gather it can make quite a good business - Perhaps worth a look for me to have a dabble in.

On tourist visa is illegal to look for a job, betwen subsud and vitas, to get a subsud u mus enter in Indonesia with a VOA and aplly to the subsud, a process that include to go to an indonesian embassy abroad to get the Vitas, then aplly for social visa (subsud), while the visit visa can be done directly trough the Indonesian embassy of ur country, so u will arrive in Indonesia with the complete process done, thats why the cisit visa is the best solution for the OP needs.

Hey all,

I'm Daniel, 38y and I'm from Berlin, Germany.

Currently, I'm not an exapt and I haven't experienced this. I'm looking for people with experiences as expat to get recommendations and to network. Actually I wanted to move to the USA. But the Covid-19 turns the world upside down.

The reason to change my mind is that my partner is living in Indonesia (Jawa Tengah). This would be easier for us if I'm there as expat without losing the benefits of Germany. Moreover, I'm super interested in the Asian culture and I know this would be a big change and challenge in my life. To be in contact with other persons is also a reason to have registered here.

I'm very interested in your stories and I hope that will give me some impressions.

So some things about me:
I'm interested in photography, vinyl records, hiking, exploring, culture, art, and food. I've studied Business Computing and I've got a master's degree in this field. I hope you got some impressions about me and my motives to want to move to Indonesia.

Lovely greetings, Daniel

Hi, I am George, I have lived and worked in Indonesia for the past 26 years. Been married to a wonderful Indonesian lady for the past 20 years.

I am involved in the natural resource industry where we are trying to introduce new ideas (not new concepts) to the Indonesian industry.

I look forward to hearing from people in the forum.

Hi. I'm originally from Denmark but have been living in Indonesia the last ten years. Right now I'm living in Batam Sumatra,but in December I'm moving to Bali. I'm looking for a rental house full furnished. The location doesn't matter so much. Just a simple house. If anyone know somebody that can help I would be very grateful.

Closed