New members of the Gambia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Gambia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Gambia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Cheers Juilen and hello to everyone :)

My partner and I have been in the process of moving to The Gambia since Feb of last year which included downsizing in the UK and purchasing a property there.

In October 2019 we sold our UK house and moved into temp accommodation, then at xmas we purchased our house in Brufut.

OH has travelled over to meet a shipment of our belongings and was intending to return temporarily whilst we finished off the process of buying a smaller house in the UK, however, she is now 'stuck' there until I can finish off moving and at some point get myself and the pooches out there.

Stay safe everyone :)

Hello everyone,

My wife & I are planning on starting a business in the Gambia in the near future. Initially I will move to The Gambia & my wife will split her time between the Uk & Gambia.

We are currently trying to raise the required funds, so if anyone is looking for an investment opportunity please get in touch

Hi ..
My name is Syed living in Toronto ..Planning to move The Gambia Jan 2021 ..Looking some best advice and also need some great ideas  for small business.I am interesting to do import and export and poultry farming business too.

Hope expat will help me with their valuable experience...

Take care ..

Hello Julien,

I'm new member in the forum.
Probably i'll move to Banjul beginning from january 2021.
First of all, i want to have an idea about how does live go in Banjul....

I would like to ask few questions:

- what's the best website to have a clear idea about accomodation (rent, prices...) ?
- what is the best local website for buying/selling used staff and furnitures?

Thank you very much

Hi Moi,

There are several groups on Facebook for buying & selling most things & to find accommodation

Regards

Kazz

Thanks Jak,
Could tout please provide me the name of the main groupe dealing with renting?
Regards

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=915973

Thanks!

Closed