Looking for jobs for new immigrants in Göteborg,Sverige

Hi,

I have been here in Sweden for a while now but having hard time looking for job since i have not learn their language yet..hope you can help me with my job searching,i would take any job and work really hard..

Hey again Lani, :)
Do you like kids or babies? Have you thought about being an au pair? I wouldnt advise looking for a job with older kids but with children who cannot speak yet, normally the families will pay for swedish courses for you too :) and you dont have to worry about accommodation, bills, food etc :)

Hey Emii,

i did not notice your message until now..to answer your question,yes,i really love kids specially babies..i have experience with babies all my life since i belong to big family,first with our youngest brother since we have a long age gap then my cousins and my nephews,i always babysit them voluntarily..but i never had any experience working for other people and i am afraid that it will be a requirement since this is all about their kids..i am actually at school now learning SFI and I am living with my boyfriend..I just want a job cause it really is killing me being at home.and also i want to make my own money not just keep depending on my boyfriend..and also my problem is,that i don't know anybody that would be able to help me get an au pair job..i am really getting desperate now cause it feels really hard being home alone all the time..

lani

Well new au pair. Com is where I found the family I am working for and it's free, I don't thnk the fact you haven't worked for other families will matter to much, maybe it's worth a shot, there are alot who look for au pairs to live out too.

Hi lani mae and welcome to Expat.com!

You may put an advert in the Gothenburg classifieds < Job category.

I hope this helps,
Harmonie.

hey emii,

thanks for the heads up!:)i just finish registration process to the website you gave me.i hope,like you i will be able to get good family to work for.thanks again!

Hey harmonie,

thanks for the advise.i hope that with this network i will be able to get a job.thanks so much!

good luck! Dont forget to have a look around an add families to your favourites, only down side to that site is you have to wait for the family to contact you

hello im new here in uddevalla sweden..can you help me how to find work here,,im staying with my boyfriend here,,i have resident permit,,,,please ..thanks

Hello lillamae!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Could you please post an advert in the section Jobs in Gothenburg. It may help.

Good luck in your research.

Aurélie

Hi my name is TAYDJI NAD, I have recentely arrived to sweden from Algeria. I can work as teacher of arabic, french, english languages or as interpreter assistante in this langauges.
I studied communication, journalism and I worked as saftey and emergency assistante for the international  Red croicsent.
I am able to moove and to cope under pressure.
for any body who intersted in my skills pleas email me at: [email protected]
my cell is 0723131413

Hej!

Since you're fluent in English it shouldn't be such a problem for you to find a job in a restaurant or a hotel.
I don't know if you can imagine yourself working as a waitress, but I can advise you go around the city center and just walk in at places and give them a CV. Avoid busy days such as Friday or Saturday, so you might have the chance to speak to a manager.
Contact Arbetsförmedlingen, because since you're coming from country out of EU, your future employer will use some benefits after hiring you. You can also learn some Swedish on the job, but don't waist time and start SFI ASAP.
A pace where you might have good chance finding job with English is Hard Rock Cafe.

Lycka till ;)

plamen_lazarov wrote:

Hej!

Since you're fluent in English it shouldn't be such a problem for you to find a job in a restaurant or a hotel.
I don't know if you can imagine yourself working as a waitress, but I can advise you go around the city center and just walk in at places and give them a CV.
A pace where you might have good chance finding job with English is Hard Rock Cafe.

This isn't true for the majority of immigrants. I am a linguist, and I managed a restaurant back home. I speak English fluently and have more work experience than most people have in their pinky toe. Getting hired on the Avenue or around center only works for about 1-2% of newcomers, who in fact just become line cooks at Burger King or dishwashers. I wish I could say your statement is true, but by telling someone to go out and do this is just raising false hopes. They need to speak Swedish first, at least complete SFI level D, and then try to apply for praktiks/jobs. Unfortunately praktiks don't pay, but they do help people to develop their Swedish skills and can provide a good reference.

Hi Lani,

I was reading ur posts ... and I'm in the same situation like u. So I wanted to ask u if the au pair thing worked for u or not and how is ur experience now?

Take care and thanks :)

I got a job in Netto, they seem to take on people with limited Swedish. Have worked there for 10 months and now I am fluent. Bit of a difference from a account manger, but its a tough country to crack.

hey can you brief a bit about of you found job in netto.As am also interested in working in netto.

Can someone helps me with respect to any employer, I am in a bad situation and I worked  every work thnx

Hello everyone,

Please drop an advert in the dedicated section of the website : Jobs in Gothenburg so that you may get an opportunity.

This thread is a relatively old one.

All the best,
Bhavna