Language study school in Beijing

Well going to be arriving in China in a few short months and looking for some information on where to learn mandarin in a class setting to be able to meet new people in my shoes also, would i need to bring transcripts to only take language courses.
Thanks Tiffany

Hey Tiffany!

Welcome to the forum :)
I would suggest you to post an advert in the Classes section of Beijing classifieds.
It might help!

Regards
Armand

Hi Tiffany,

I suggest u taking courses in Beijing Language and Culture University in Xue Yuan Street. There's hv a lot foreigner and they hv a dorm for a foreigner too.
U can bring your transcript from school and usually they open the class in August (long term) and July (summer clas).

Why do you want to study Chinese?  Not being rude but what do you wan to do with the hopefully acquired language skills?

If you intend to do some further study at a foreign university then study at a Chinese University and yes BLCU is good, as is RenMin.

Another option is to study at a private language school. They are normally cheaper and, because class sizes are smaller more effective.  Suggest you check out Frontiers (my personal favourite since I studied there)there are of course loads of others.

I am in the same situation too.
I hired Chinese assistant to find some info for me and this is his reply.
So I was gonna enroll at BLCU as well. ;)
But thanks to Manlin for the other info! I will also check that out and compare and decide. :)

about the chinese course, here is the website http://www.cucas.edu.cn/links.shtml there are many many Universities where offered Chinese course, you can choose Beijing location.. then you can choose the University, but i would suggest BLCU, Beijing language and cutural University.... then you can try to enroll and pay and choose the simester... as a i said, normally from Sept or Feb...

Thanks for the responses, I feel that i am more of an audio learner, even though i have been learning more of the sounds of the language at home, still find it very difficult not being in a classroom setting. First before i decide on taking post secondary education in China, would like to understand the language and cultural differences between western life that i live day to day to help with the adjustment, and one day eventually study and become an international student.

For one-to-one chinese language class, I can help.

lizd628, could you please post in the classifieds ?

Thanks

Frontiers worked well for me.
frontiers.com

No transcripts... just money.  It is pricey.  But I am talking about schools that specialize in teaching you Mandarin so that you can speak semi-effectively in the shortest amount of time.

There are 3 or so good schools that I know of, and it will really depend on your location and how you want to work your schedule.

Edit: forgot to add that chinesepod.com is also pretty cool.  I can put things on my iPhone and do lessons anywhere.

Hello TinTurtle and welcome to Expat.com!

Regards,
Harmonie.

Hello,

You can try [moderated: no free ads in your very first message]