How do I find childcare in Taipei?

I'm heading to Taipei for business travel later in the year. As I will already be on holiday in the Far East, I'm thinking of getting my 2 year old to tag a long as it will make logistics far simpler then having to fly back to Europe to drop her off and then to fly back. Does anyone know what sort of childcare resources there are out in Taipei for the expat community? I would prefer to rely on someone that speaks English, etc.

Hi and welcome on board mariannejlee!

I hope other members will advise you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi Mariannejlee, how are you doing? When are you scheduled to arrive in Taipei? My wife and I were born in Taipei, but grew up overseas. We are here until Sept then we are heading back to Seattle. Just let me know what specific child care you are after. I can find out from friends. Goodluck!

Hi there - thanks for replying to my post. I'll be in Taipei from 5th-9th Sept. My daughter will be around 25 months at that stage. She's used to childcare as has that at home. Any contacts would be greatly appreciated!

There are many childcare available, do you need a daycare center? Would you be needing a bilingual daycare center or language is not your primary concern? What kind of childcare did she have? Do you need a nanny instead?

Hello LinDaifu, my wife and I are also looking for childcare in Taipei. We live near NTNU and would like to have a place near here that we could take our daughter to while my wife is in class. Our daughter is just one year and three months old, we do not have a language preference for the care taker. My wife speaks Mandarin pretty well so a local person would be great. Please post specifics if you can. Thanks