Visa confusion

After many months finally received a work permit now endorsed in my UK passport.
My question, I thought I would now need a multi entry visa, but told by Immigration in Nairobi City Centre, not required. The work permit stamp proves residency.
Is this really true! and no more $25 visa each time I enter Kenya.
Thanks in advance
JEM

Hi and welcome on board JEM!

I hope other members will be able to advise you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi, it is true, but what u do need is what is called a re entry permit - not sure of the current price, but cheap compared to a visa - if u plan to travel outside kenya make sure u have that. It gets stamped into your passport and is done at nyao house while u wait. It allows u to travel in and out on your work permit. Without it you would have to buy a visa every time u enter kenya. And trust me the re entry permit is cheaper. Hope that helps. Welcome to kenya.

Thanks for the above advice, simply sent passport with my administrator and application form and now have multi entry permit for 1 year, cost 200shillings

jem70 wrote:

After many months finally received a work permit now endorsed in my UK passport.
My question, I thought I would now need a multi entry visa, but told by Immigration in Nairobi City Centre, not required. The work permit stamp proves residency.
Is this really true! and no more $25 visa each time I enter Kenya.
Thanks in advance
JEM

How did you get the endorsement on passport? Were you already in Kenya at the time of approval of work permit? Reason is that my employer has received the approval for work permit but I am not yet in Kenya. So how do I get it endorsed on my passport?

Can someone please advise?

Once in Kenya, just a matter of taking work permit and passport to the immigration office, this can be done anytime within 3 months of issue of work permit

jem70 wrote:

Once in Kenya, just a matter of taking work permit and passport to the immigration office, this can be done anytime within 3 months of issue of work permit

But the issue is what document will have on me while entering? The work permit is issued to the employer.

Further, how do I take the benefit of custom duty exemption on personal bagagge, which I am entitled to, in the absence of this.

You could send your duty free items separately, to arrive after you are in Kenya and have your work permit stamped in your passport.  You are permitted to import used household items and personal effects within 3 months of the issue of the permit.  You must be in Kenya when these items arrive, to facilitate clearing, otherwise port charges will apply. 

Alternatively contact the Kenyan Embassy, for advice on this.

The permit should be issued to you, not your employer - they apply for it on your behalf.

Longonot62 wrote:

The permit should be issued to you, not your employer - they apply for it on your behalf.

Thanks.