Children related questions

We are considering moving to Pune from U.S. with our three children under age of 7.  What advice would anyone have regarding various medications needed for travel/longer periods of stay... i.e. malaria, thyphoid.  Are children this age successful at taking such meds?

Where do expats with children generally live?  Houses or apartments?  What makes the most sense?

It will be a challenge to get all children enrolled in same school-does anyone have experience in having their children go to different schools? Logistics, i.e. do your children take a bus to school or driver?  Any feedback speaking from experience with this issue is much appreciated.

Extracurricular activities.  Are dance classes i.e. ballet, swimming lessons, gymnastics, etc. language clubs (i.e. german) offered and easily available for expat families?

Many questions as you can see!  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you~
Clydehill

Hi Clydehill,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

Hi Clydehill,

You must be settled in Pune now.  Anyway, the best place to live is Kalyani Nagar or Koregaon Park.  All facilities for kids are available closeby.  Schools are nearby too and the best way for them to commute is by the school bus so it doesn't really matter if they are in different schools.  Private operators also ply smaller vehicles to and fro for school children.

Hi Clydehill,

Hope you're doing fine and settled well in Pune?
I suggestion here my child was studying in Sharad Pawar Intl Schhol and as a parent i was very happy with the school, they have all extracurricular activities dance, music , art and very close to Kalyani nagar and they have a bus facility just 30 mins or so.

Hope you have fun!
TC!!