Horse-riding near Budapest

Hello everyone !

I am looking for a good stable to place my horse from September. I'm looking for something not too far from Budapest city center, with paddocks and good training arena (I'm more into show-jumping).

For now I took a look at this website but lots of it is in hungarian, so not very helping : lovasok.hu/index.php?i=55857

Any idea is very welcome!

Thank you!

Louise

Hi

I have a friend who has a horse and stables him not far from BP.  she seems to know a lot of the stables in the area.  She is abroad at the moment, but I will e-mail her with a link to the forum and maybe she can get in touch with you.

The last 2 places she has had him has had (almost) all year turnout with very good facilities - indoor school, outdoor jumping padocks and very good hacking with no roads.

Thanks Sarah! I've already emailed Marit about it (it's Louise from the uni) ;-)

lol - I am not Sarah!!!!!!! :D

Marit is very knowledgeable will be able to help. 

Good luck with your horse!

Hi Louise,

- Nicola forwarded your request re. stabling for your horse. The link in your mail is to a stable in Pilisvörösvar. I'm not familiar with this particular stable, however, my horse is in a different stable also at Pilisvörösvar. There is another stable right next to mine, where they focus more on jumping, but here there is no indoors riding arena.

These are appr. 30 min driving distance from city centre. If you drive some ten more minutes, there is another stable which is really beautiful and very well kept, where they do jumping and dressage (and run competitions) at a fairly high level. The surroundings are superb for trail rides in this area.

Ah, I just realized that this is Louise from school! :D Ok, we discussed this earlier, and you can come with me if you like and check out the stables for yourself. If you are interested, pls mail me on [email protected], since I'm hardly ever on expat forum. I'm going tomorrow by the way.

Marit

Haha my bad, I was sure it was her! thanks anyway

Marit, I just emailed you :-)

Hi louise61,
you may put an advert in the community animals section Budapest classified, this may be helpful to you.

Regards,
Harmonie.