Arriving in phillippines

hoping to go to the phillipines in mid june and wondering where there is a reasonable safe place to stay till i can find an place also do's and don'ts and things to watch for upon arrival any info is appreciated

Hi slammer1,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope you get replies very soon.

You may also have a look at this thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7204

Hi there!

I hope you enjoy your stay here in my country.

When you arrive in Manila, prepare a pen right away since you are going to need it. The line inside the airport might be long so just prepare yourself. Listen to music while waiting. :)

Once you get out of the airport you can find taxis there already. I suggest that you fix your accommodation first before flying here. The flag down rate for taxis here is 40 pesos. Make sure you know/research how to get to the place your going to stay in so that the taxi driver won't go around in circles and try to make you pay more. If you have a friend here in Manila, ask him/her to fetch you. You can also try riding the airport cabs. But its more expensive compared to the others.

Make sure that you're able to label your luggage and always remember how many bags you have with you. I'm not saying this to scare you or anything its just that, its better to be safe and secured. Also, it would be helpful if you already have with you PHP or Philippine Pesos (at least certain helpful denominations) when you arrive just so you can pay the cab fare and other airport fees.

If you take the regular cab and go somewhere in the south like Makati or The Fort, it would most probably cost you around 200 to 250 pesos maximum. If you are going to reside somewhere in Ortigas or in Quezon City, it might cost around 250-300PHP. It really depends on where you are planning to stay.

It might also be helpful if the hotel you're staying at has a free airport-hotel transfer.

If you need any help about anything please don't hesitate to send me a message here.

Goodluck and Ingat (take care)

Will u be staying here in Manila?

Have your accommodations booked before you come here.  If you're apprehensive about hailing a cab, find a hotel that has a shuttle service.  If the hotel doesn't have shuttle, ask the staff if they could schedule you for picking up at the airport with their recommended cab company. 

Or, if you have a trusted friend, ask him if he could pick you up from the airport. The best place to stay is actually with someone you know. But only stay if they have an extra room with airconditioning (because you might not be able to sleep well if you're not used to the heat). Ask them if they don't mind your staying with them for a few days.  Compensate them for the aircon and your lodging.

Dress light and have a bottle of drinking water with you because it's going to be very hot.  Put on some sunscreen, if you want.

Whether inside or outside the airport at Manila, or at any airport for that matter, be street smart. Use common sense. Don't wear expensive jewelry or watches.  Keep items such as laptops or cellphones out of sight.  Be aware of your surroundings and your belongings, especially when you're in the process of hauling them in your cab.

Have Philippine currency with you.  Preferably in small bills.  In 100's is okay.  Have money that you'll be using route to the hotel already prepared and separate from your pocket / spending money to avoid taking out your wallet.

Keep important numbers handy in a piece of paper (not just in your cellphone directory).  If you're bringing your cellphone, jot down the country code and area code of your contacts.

Good luck.

slammer1,

Your vacation is guaranteed a pleasant one if you and only if you avoid the capital region as much as you can.

Take Philippine Airlines for international trip in order that you would land in the new airport. From there take a connecting domestic trip to either Palawan (Puerto Princesa), Davao, Cebu or Samar Island..

hi every one , how can i open business in Philippine, and what i need?

well if i were you i live in manila since there is a lot of hotels in there with a very affordable price. :) i also glad to introduce you the best place to buy women's apparel at shopthiseasy.com and some stuff. i am a vacationists and i really love the Philippines as much as i love the tourist spots in there.

Miss_Kiki wrote:

Hi there!

When you arrive in Manila, prepare a pen right away since you are going to need it. The line inside the airport might be long so just prepare yourself. Listen to music while waiting. :)

Once you get out of the airport you can find taxis there already. I suggest that you fix your accommodation first before flying here. The flag down rate for taxis here is 40 pesos. Make sure you know/research how to get to the place your going to stay in so that the taxi driver won't go around in circles and try to make you pay more. If you have a friend here in Manila, ask him/her to fetch you. You can also try riding the airport cabs. But its more expensive compared to the others.

Make sure that you're able to label your luggage and always remember how many bags you have with you. I'm not saying this to scare you or anything its just that, its better to be safe and secured. Also, it would be helpful if you already have with you PHP or Philippine Pesos (at least certain helpful denominations) when you arrive just so you can pay the cab fare and other airport fees.

If you take the regular cab and go somewhere in the south like Makati or The Fort, it would most probably cost you around 200 to 250 pesos maximum. If you are going to reside somewhere in Ortigas or in Quezon City, it might cost around 250-300PHP. It really depends on where you are planning to stay.

It might also be helpful if the hotel you're staying at has a free airport-hotel transfer.

If you need any help about anything please don't hesitate to send me a message here.

Hi,

Im from Indonesia, my future office is on Makati, Salcedo Village. Im scrolling over the pages to look for any advise on flat/room renting and living cost (i got some advise).
Since this is my first trip to phil plus i will be stay for years, could you help to advise a better area near makati (they said its expensive), to be live on?

Thanks,
Pat

amboinapearl wrote:
Miss_Kiki wrote:

Hi there!

Hi,

Im from Indonesia, my future office is on Makati, Salcedo Village. Im scrolling over the pages to look for any advise on flat/room renting and living cost (i got some advise).
Since this is my first trip to phil plus i will be stay for years, could you help to advise a better area near makati (they said its expensive), to be live on?

Thanks,
Pat

[Moderated: Please register into Manila Business directory]

lot  of  hotels  with shuttle, get  a  room on line  than as  soon as  you can get out of  Manila, head to Davao City, the  best  and  most  affordable place  in the  Philippines, also the  safest, from there  decide your final location.

hi slammer1 - i have lived in makati for 13 years and enjoy life in the philippines very much - however to best answer your questions it would help to know your interests, your budget, etc - there are a wide veriety of things to do, price ranges of hotels, places to go, and much depends on how much time you have - i will be happy to reply if you can give me a bit more guidance on your requirements