Need info on Rome cuisine

Can anybody help me with some info about the most delicious treats in Rome? I am interested in Rome street food, desserts, drinks, etc.

There's no street food really in Rome. You might find some people roasting chestnuts in the winter, but they're gone by the summer.

Typical Roman pasta dish is the Amatriciana (pasta with tomato sauce and pancetta). Then there's an appetizer which is something like a fried or baked artichoke or something (I'm not a fan of artichoke but I've seen others have it and been told its typically Roman).

Then there's the Roman thin crust pizza.

I've lived here for almost a year and those are the main ones I have seen, had and been told about. Each region has their own typical dish.

As for drinks, the whole country drinks wine wine and wine! lol For an after dinner digestive they may sip on a shot of lemoncello, or some other kind of 'amaro' (bitter).

Enjoy!

http://worldcitizeninrome.blogspot.com/

for me, the most delicious cuisine at Rome is icecream!! I live in San Giovanni, on our street one gelateria sell icecream for 1,50euro and it's gooooood!!    oh and also the pizza next to my building, the most delicious in all Italy!    so maybe you can just go outside, have a little walk, and try one, anyone:P