Can A Filipino teach in an International School?

I have been applying for a teaching position in several international schools here in Dubai. For the reason that I dont know, I did not receive any response from a single school. My cv is very much impressive as far as teaching competencies and skills are concerned. It highlights my 12 years of experience both as an administrator and teacher in my country. After a month of doing the same application process through email, I almost became hopelss of landing a teaching job? I came to a reflection and ask my self that I might be into something that is not achievable. Can a Filipino really teach in an international school in Dubai? If the answer is no, then can I work as a non-teaching employee in these schools?

A school is a home for me. This is where I developed myself academically and professionally. Teaching is my passion. This is what I want to do in life.

Can somebody help me?.....before my tourist visa expires.

Hi ashleymats,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will be able to help you.

never be hopless and keep smily. every thing would be good with the time. Send me your cv. I'll try to to help you if I can.
[email protected]
Regards,
Shakeel

ashleymats wrote:

I have been applying for a teaching position in several international schools here in Dubai. For the reason that I dont know, I did not receive any response from a single school. My cv is very much impressive as far as teaching competencies and skills are concerned. It highlights my 12 years of experience both as an administrator and teacher in my country. After a month of doing the same application process through email, I almost became hopelss of landing a teaching job? I came to a reflection and ask my self that I might be into something that is not achievable. Can a Filipino really teach in an international school in Dubai? If the answer is no, then can I work as a non-teaching employee in these schools?

A school is a home for me. This is where I developed myself academically and professionally. Teaching is my passion. This is what I want to do in life.

Hi shakeeluae and welcome to Expat.com!

All the best,
Harmonie.

UAE have standard requirement for accepting teachers to teach in UAE schools private or public. Depending on what subject to teach, one of the requirement is you must have ELS/TESOL certification in an accredited universities. Without that certification, I believe there is no way for you to teach.

ashleymats wrote:

hi ,how r u?ive just read ur post,..i have the same dilemma..still can't find a teaching job here..just curious,..do u have work now?thanks

Hello lhynnamicable.

Please note that this is an old thread.

You may post your resume/CV in the Teaching jobs in Dubai section. It might help.

Thanks

Karen :)

P.S: Please feel free to start a new topic on the Dubai Forum if you have any questions. Thanks.