Best CITY to live? Best area for foreigners and job opportunities?

Whats the best City to live in Iran? I got some friends in Tehran and Shiraz. Is it good? I want to know which place has better job oppourtunities? and the best area for foreign people.

yes,me too. the best city for foreign people.

Hi angelstirera, :)

I hope other members will be able to give you advise on the best city to live in Iran.

gregory.smith21 wrote:

yes,me too. the best city for foreign people.

Which one exactly? Tehran or Shiraz?

Mer30

im liking Rasht, Iran.

too Far

hi everyone.
Im an Iranian. I think the best place for foreigners is Tehran.
you can find everything in Tehran. if you are looking for fun im still telling you Tehran is the best in Iran.
Rasht is a city in the north part of Iran , near by Caspian sea. its good but for holidays not for living there. (this is my idea)
Shiraz is a city at the central part of Iran. its good to be there in springs and its beautiful. but during summer time its getting so hot. if you ask me Tehran is better than Shiraz to live.
and foreigner are not allowed to work in Iran unless the government need their skills. also you can work if you invest there too much something like million dollars, and the easy option is getting marry with Iranians :)
if you need more details ask me specifically.

Salam.thanks. i plan to visit Rasht iran in December and meet my future wifes parents and family. If i like it, im sure i will. i will move to iran 6 months after my visit. i am muslim. i love god and islam. its great. i want to live in the countryside of Rasht. have a farm of some kind. sell vegetables and fruits in the city. im not trying to get rich. i jus want to have a nice life with my future wife and start a family and be the best of a person i can. im a really nice guy. would give the shirt off my back for anybody. i get along with everybody. im sure i would make it in iran. I just hope no terrorist find out that i live in iran and come looking for me. could or would that happen?

what you should be scared of is not terrorist coz there is no terrorist in Iran. its Iran man, not Afghanistan or Pakistan and Iraq,
but to be honest you should be really careful about the government. the number 1 and only enemy of you is the government not anyone in Iran. people are kind with foreigner and im sure you will like there.
i just wanna advice you to make sure about your clearance in Iran, papers and stuff about your visa and try to be very clear
in this way.
P.S : i dont find Iranian girls that simple hahahaha joke

iran. its in between afghanistan and iraq. i thought terrorist would go through iran to get back and forth. i know the govt there kinda likes to do whatever they like. but im not going to be doing anything to get myself in trouble. like i said, im a good person. im jus going to work and raise my kids one day. get married. and bale, persian women can be difficult sometimes. i just dont want to be put in jail for no reason.

isfahan and shiraz
rasht is only good for holiday

I will be visiting Iran most likely mid year next year after i visit Greece. I also have to see if my friends will be in Iran on the mont i'll visit.

Does the police or the gov't good to foriegn people?

the government and police and iranian love visitors very much.especially people.they are very kind
i live in isfahan and its very betiful.ig u want to com to isfahan i will guide u

not as good as Philippines government. lol
I have been in the Philippines my friend and im telling you that if u think that police treat you like what they do in the Philippines you are totally wrong. :))
anyway who care about Police just go there and have fun as you like. lots of Guapo there :) also many Magandang babae...
but hindi tagay in public :))

Hi Angel,

Just to mention, my wife is Ukrainian and she is living with me in Iran, Tehran.

For you as a woman, it would be totally hard to live in Iran, especially if you are not muslim. and YES you will have problem with police, if you don't have your headscarf and long mantu to your knees. Consider that in Summer it is very hot and you have to stand it.

My wife and I have to always stay away and even hide on the streets when we see the police, as they have started capturing and crime recording women who are not worn in Islamic way (like what I mentioned in the previous paragraph).

en.news.maktoob.com/Iran
Iranian are good with visitors of course, but if you are planning to live years in here, it is another story. Many foreigners love here, because of historical and some nice places, but most of them say IT DOESN'T WORTH LIVING.

You can't even walk out with your dog on streets here, if police sea, your will be fined ! because It is against Islamic laws to have dog.

Long story short, Iran is good for a visit, but not at all for living.

Good Luck

Pretty scared of the police.. haha!! i don't want to be put to jail! hahahaha! Anyhow, for sure ill have so much fun! ;) most likely i'll stay in Shiraz and Tehran. ;)

givmaster wrote:

I have been in the Philippines my friend and im telling you that if u think that police treat you like what they do in the Philippines you are totally wrong. :))
anyway who care about Police just go there and have fun as you like. lots of Guapo there :) also many Magandang babae...

I guess the best city is Shiraz! it's lively and fun and have very easygoing people! it has always moderate weather throughout the year and it's a major tourist destination. Once you visit it, you'll be able to decide! LOL!

Hi
I think best place for holiday in Iran is northen part of Iran.But if you have a easier life in iran,you should choose a big city.like tehran or esfahan or tabriz.

I agree with givemaster, the best place to live and find job for foriegners in particular would be Tehran, plus that's it's less regulated by the government, whereas if u choose another region within Iran u may face people with high in culture and it's harder to fit with them, I should add though that people are very friendly and welcome u if u live anywhere in Iran, u should not be scared of terrorism as it doesn't exist! if u follow those government regulations that are highly underscored then u would face no problem! if u needed any help while u were in tehran let me no

hey
Tehran ... u can find drink easy and cheap .. u can join parties ...u can find job easier and most of people in tehran they can speak english and u can travel to north for weekend that will be too much fun ...

if u u know someone there will be fun for u :)

mochin wrote:

Hi Angel,

Just to mention, my wife is Ukrainian and she is living with me in Iran, Tehran.

For you as a woman, it would be totally hard to live in Iran, especially if you are not muslim. and YES you will have problem with police, if you don't have your headscarf and long mantu to your knees. Consider that in Summer it is very hot and you have to stand it.

My wife and I have to always stay away and even hide on the streets when we see the police, as they have started capturing and crime recording women who are not worn in Islamic way (like what I mentioned in the previous paragraph).

en.news.maktoob.com/Iran
Iranian are good with visitors of course, but if you are planning to live years in here, it is another story. Many foreigners love here, because of historical and some nice places, but most of them say IT DOESN'T WORTH LIVING.

You can't even walk out with your dog on streets here, if police sea, your will be fined ! because It is against Islamic laws to have dog.

Long story short, Iran is good for a visit, but not at all for living.

Good Luck

1- police is more strict to iranian people not foreigners, even if they find your dress is not suitable they would give you a notice , but i never heard they did anything serious against expats or foreigners and tourists.
so do not afraid that about police, they can't speak english and if you meet any, just show you are foreigner and do not know anything about this , and now you have understood and they will let you go easily ! moreover it depends which area you live in tehran.

2- you can take your dog out , nobody stop you from that .many iranians have dog .
     but you cant take animals to public area surely!

3- if you want to move here because of your job,then you can adjust your lifestyle as well.
     but if you are looking for a paradise and freedom ,that is something you hardly find in here.

4- currently based on USD-Rial exchange rate, it is very cheap to live in iran if you take your money from outside to here. but if you earn in iran then u might see an expensive place with high inflation rate.

5- 40 years ago ,iran was a very favorable destination for expats and thousands of american and european have lived here because of fashion life , cheapness and beautiful city .
but today there is less signs of those golden ages , maybe in future again ...

angelstirera wrote:

Whats the best City to live in Iran? I got some friends in Tehran and Shiraz. Is it good? I want to know which place has better job oppourtunities? and the best area for foreign people.

try tehran, live in north of city
shiraz is historic city with good people, cheaper to live and tourist destination
isfahan is also historic ,a tourists destination
rasht ( and other north of iran cities ) similar to south asian countries , green and nice seashores ,
humid and hot in summer , more freedom , easier life , more open minded people !
tehran local people travel there for summer holidays.

Is anyone still at this link?

tehran,shiraz and isfehan are good for live. but if you are a tourist north cities espicially rasht can be the best choice.
rasht has a nice weather, nice beaches and also green humid jugles.

Rasht is an awesome city. Ramsar is a great costal city with lots of constructions.

Hi there..

I am an indian...workin as a software engg here in tehran for the last 10 months....I live in Vali-Asr-Ave ...Its good here.....Kinda free....welll as a an expat....i never faced a problem....The biggest problem is communication. only 2-3 out of 10 can communicate with you....

Hi.you can live in tehran without problem.but it is better you travel some cities in north and west of iran in summer like tabriz-maragheh  and urumia.you can find kind people and histurical places and very beutiful nature.

Please consider the rate of Iranian immigrants then decide is it good to live in Iran or not. Of course it is our paradise, as Iranians. We just tolerate it because of our families and friends.  But no fear to visit as tourists, people are friendly and you will enjoy it.

angelstirera wrote:

Pretty scared of the police.. haha!! i don't want to be put to jail! hahahaha! Anyhow, for sure ill have so much fun! ;) most likely i'll stay in Shiraz and Tehran. ;)

givmaster wrote:

the best city in iran is tabriz good foods, good weather, good people, exciting museums . (city of museums). the biggest covered ancient shopping center in world . the oldest mosque(kabud mosque)
a good an old amusement park ( shah goli)....

do not forget tabriz.

Hello hadiebra and welcome to Expat.com!

Thank you for your contribution.
Just to note that this thread is a year old. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

tehran

Kumuzta ka po,
well, you goin to Iran, well, for me the best city to live would be Shiraz and Isfahan, i say this cuz i am not a big fan of polluted and mega cities, imagine Manila or makati, oh, Tehran is something like that but yes, lets say very well organized.

anyways, if you got to Iran already then lets meet up,
Hope this helps

Tehran is much better than shiraz
But the best city in iran for living is Tabriz
Unisef says that
good luck

In my Idea Tehran Is more better than any other City in Iran.

Hello

Tehran is better place for work
but it's depends what do u like to do?

salam

to vagean dorost migi movafegam khoshkele

Hi amir9999,

Please can you post in English only on the Anglophone forum so that other members can read and participate. :)

Thank you,

David.

Why you say only 2-3 can communicate with you?

sudhinair.blr wrote:

Hi there..

I am an indian...workin as a software engg here in tehran for the last 10 months....I live in Vali-Asr-Ave ...Its good here.....Kinda free....welll as a an expat....i never faced a problem....The biggest problem is communication. only 2-3 out of 10 can communicate with you....

Why u say only 2-3 can communicate with u?

First you should know what do you want then i'll tell you which city is good for you?