IŽm thinking of moving to Reunion Island.

IŽm an English guy living in Sweden.My wife and I are looking for a newer less materalistic lifestyle. Reunion Island could be the place. Does anyone know anything about the prospects of immigration and working on the Island. IŽm an English teacher and a musician/entertainer among other things. My wife is an accountant.IŽd welcome any comments, maybe some of you have first hand experience.Thanks, Jonathan.

Dear Jonathan,

i hope by now you've managed to come in Reunion Island. I would be interested to know if you did and i need some information.
Thks for your reply

Hello
I am moving over there in April.
I visited Reunion Island in April last year - and it is a beautiful island and many people relocate to this island.

My boyfriend is there and living a good life - as a teacher and a musician.  (What instrument do you play?)

I am moving out there to be with him - but I am really concerned about the lack of work out there.

Of all my boyfriends friends on the island there are 3 of them that work!

It makes for a hard community - as everyone leaves back to mainland France after they have a year there on their relocation allowances from the french government.

If you do move over - be sure to let me know.

I am very worried I wont find work - but looking forward to having a life less ordinary.  (I currently live in London and you can imagine its a very materialistic lifestyle).

all the best

Love
Florence

i am sincerely want to relocate to reunion island can anybody help me please,please
regards

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : Kindly exchange contact details via private messaging please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

For security reasons, please do not post contact details here on the open forum.