Guide to Salaries

Is AED 18,000 per month enough in Abu Dhabi?

Please let me know.

fsgiggs09 wrote:

Is AED 18,000 per month enough in Abu Dhabi?

Please let me know.

Enough to do what?

If that's all they're offering, you'll need to find around 3-4,000 a month for a $hitty studio in Disco Gardens, your utilities, transport, traffic fines and of course your beer and socializing. If you don't have plans to save anything, it's barely manageable

what is a reasonable salary?

with a salary of AED: 10,000 I manage to live in Dubai with my wife and able to save around 1000-2000 after paying all my house rent/car loan/credit cards/monthly expense/(medical by company)...

It's all depends on your life style... If you want to spend more money on luxury/clubbing every night even AED 50,000 will not be enough.

The OP needs to tell us what his salary package comprises:

Does the 18K come in a lump sum to cover everything, or are there additional benefits?

What is the nature of the position on offer?

What is the OP's level of experience and qualifications?

wow, are you serious with your question?

wow..18k..hmmmm :(

For a single person willing to live in a small apartment, it's more than enough.

If you want a luxury flat with facilities on the Corniche, if you want to go out several times a week, if you want to be able to save a lot of money, if you have a family to support (and therefore need a bigger house), it's NOT enough.

I would think if everything is included from your employer than that is more than enough.  Such as airfare, free housing, utilities paid, health insurance paid, etc.

ya all these are common when u are coming to work in UAE/GCC

if everything is included from your employer , go ahead and you will save some money , but how old r u and how many person in your family it depends.

Blesson V wrote:

with a salary of AED: 10,000 I manage to live in Dubai with my wife and able to save around 1000-2000 after paying all my house rent/car loan/credit cards/monthly expense/(medical by company)...

It's all depends on your life style... If you want to spend more money on luxury/clubbing every night even AED 50,000 will not be enough.

well it means if i came with my future wife i will be able to live normal and save some too!
and i understood that you already pay from this amount all your home rent,plus car .....

so i hope i will do the same as i am thinking to get back again :)

its more than enough in ths country but thats not the question is it? your question should be how much is one dollar according to where you come from?

and what are the salaries. If you are getting more than what you were getting there then 18000 is more than enough :)

also you want a range here ya go:

american, british well qualified teachers get 20 000 uae at ADEC today. (abu dhabi education council)

american, british well qualified General Manager/Area Managers get up to 70 000 if not more. european get 50 000 or less project managers (US) get 50 000 european get 29-30 lately.  in construction.

In computer engineering Im assuming its a bit more but I dont know.
ps-curriencies are in dirham

European Directors in retailing get about 20 000.

thats about all i know

BAA_BAAintheDunes wrote:

its more than enough in ths country but thats not the question is it? your question should be how much is one dollar according to where you come from?

and what are the salaries. If you are getting more than what you were getting there then 18000 is more than enough :)

also you want a range here ya go:

american, british well qualified teachers get 20 000 uae at ADEC today. (abu dhabi education council)

american, british well qualified General Manager/Area Managers get up to 70 000 if not more. european get 50 000 or less project managers (US) get 50 000 european get 29-30 lately.  in construction.

In computer engineering Im assuming its a bit more but I dont know.
ps-curriencies are in dirham

European Directors in retailing get about 20 000.

thats about all i know

big thanks for your informations :):up:

R u talking basic salary without housing allowance or with housing allowance total package. Because I am hearing that some people are getting 100k US and then 20,000 AED for housing is that ture does anyone know anyone like that.

Hello all :)
I got an offer of 7,000 and I should provide studio to live from my own pocket! what do you think? is it enough? I work as a senior web designer (IT) is this salary fear enough, as I'm one of the top designers in Egypt?

Yehya wrote:

Hello all :)
I got an offer of 7,000 and I should provide studio to live from my own pocket! what do you think? is it enough? I work as a senior web designer (IT) is this salary fear enough, as I'm one of the top designers in Egypt?

Yehya
i lived about 12 years in UAE so from my small experience i Guess its not a good offer!

Thanks a lot don moe for your reply, I agree with you as I make the same in Egypt here :)

What's the good offer in your opinion? I'm a talented web designer with more than six years of experience?

if you guys noticed, he was talking abt Abu Dhabi not Dubai...due to the different housing rates, that would be totally different. Personally, I would not accept such salary in Abu Dhabi !

haythambibo wrote:

if you guys noticed, he was talking abt Abu Dhabi not Dubai...due to the different housing rates, that would be totally different. Personally, I would not accept such salary in Abu Dhabi !

i agree

Thanks all :)

Yes the offer is to work in Abo Dhabi not Dubai.

Now they modified the offer to be 10,000 Dirham per month and will afford the housing from my own pocket. Is that sounds reasonable?

Dont accept Yehia. The worst Studio just on the outside of Abu Dhabi are around 60,000 to 75,000 AED per year !

My god! are you serious Haytham???? the company told me that I can rent a very good studio only with 3,000AED per month!!

Fine, then ask them to rent it for you and deduct that amount from your salary. Make sure it is not sharing and that it is not too far away so you dont pay extra in taxis and transportation.

In Dubai you can get a reasonable studio in Disco Gardens for 3K. For 3K in AD you will get a roach infested $hithole in MBZ.

Great idea Hytham!

Do you mean 3k is a bad studio sandman? sorry I don't understand

good luck ladies, perhaps you two should consider a flat share!

(the house in the Young Ones springs to mind) :lol:

Ok how this offer

25,000 AED base pay and 10,000 AED housing monthly for a single person and that likes to go out alot and would like a high end apartment. would like to not touch base pay each month and put it in saving. What do you think?

Hello All,

I will have an interview with a global company for AD soon and they will ask my salary expectation and I have no idea!

The title is Senior Mobility Manager. I have a wife and 4,5 yrd old son. And, I am Turkish (don't know if it makes a good or bad difference :) )

It would be really helpful if you are able to advise me a range.

Thank you

D

[Moderated: Unncessary offensive comment]

Hi all!! need your valuable suggestions!

I have been offered 4ooo dms per month and a car on lease with medical insurance! the job profile offered is marketing executive as I am a fresher!

Job location will be - Jebel Ali Free Zone!!

Please let me know if that's sufficient to survive there!

thanks

So reading from the previous post it seems that this package I was offered is very good.

Basic 21000 p/m
housing 150000 p/a
Schools 35000 per child
plus other smaller allowances, utilities paid, transport paid,medical insurrance paid. etc

Hi All
I'm waiting to receive an offer tomorrow from Dubai
i have one question; for a western engineer with 7 years experience;
is 25000 DH basic salary
housing 7000DH
And 3000 other allowances

is that fair?

the job is based in the regional headquarter for ann americain group

Yes it's fair u can go ahead, yet u can bargain for more ..

Hi there,

I have just been offered a package with a company in Abu Dhabi was looking to find out if it is decent! Travelling single status initially although my partner will join me later on. Below is summary in dIrhams per month. I am a network engineer with 9 years experience in Royal Air Force.

Basic salary 18360
Accommodation allowance: 7500
General allowance:1000
Travel allowance towards flights: 1346
Medical and dental cover private.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Colin

Double everything and you'll be about right.

Double basic salary? And all allowances? So basic uk salary of 80k!

So not a good offer I'm guessing lol

If you start high, and they start low. you can meet somewhere in between.

Seeker1971 wrote:

So reading from the previous post it seems that this package I was offered is very good.

Basic 21000 p/m
housing 150000 p/a
Schools 35000 per child
plus other smaller allowances, utilities paid, transport paid,medical insurrance paid. etc

Seeker1971 - I would be interested to know which company offered