Wanting to move my business from UK to Qatar.....

Hi all,
I'm intending to move my stone fabrication business from the UK to Qatar. I have all the relevanT machinery including top-of-range automated CNC production line to do all types of bespoke work such as customised stone worktops, vanity tops, stair cases, shower trays etc, all carved from marble, Travertine, Granite, Limestone etc.....

I feel this bespoke service would be of benefit to the local architects, interior designers and property developers in Qatar and also the potential of supplying neighbouring countries like Bahrain, Saudi, UAE etc....

I am currently in the UK and intend to visit Doha soon, in the meantime, if anyone cares to share advice and suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Stone Solutions UK.

Hi and welcome on board Stone Solutions UK.

I hope other members will advise you soon ;)
Please note that you can register your company in our business directory.

Regards
Armand

First question...do you have a sponsor? You can't set up a business in Qatar without having a Qatari partner.

Unfortunately setting up a business here in Qatar isn't as easy as it is in a lot of other countries.

this link should help iloveqatar.net/forum/read.php?5,8073 as it gives some good info

Thanks for the link, i'll check that out....

i have conducted brief research on the law's and regulations in Qatar, apparantly a local company/individual would be given 51% share of the company, the difficulty i have is finding a local investor to participate with, i would be contributing the machinery so would have to discuss some sort of financial arrangements with the other party in terms of what they can contribute to the project etc....

Dear Stone Solutions,

Greetings!!

I have been working with natural stone for 10 years in the United States. My experience extends from purchasing stone direct from the Quarry, to cutting into slabs Polishing, fabrication, and installation. I am familiar with all types of natural and engineered stone slabs, and Tiles for commercial and residential as well, I am also familiar with all stone fabrication heavy Bridge Saw & CNC machines, and the light hand tools for dry and wet polishing. I have been to the Middles East several times to discuss with investors with regard to the same trade I think we both share the vision so if you are interested in collaborating with me Please, feel free to contact me at,
510-282-5842 or you can send me an email at [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you shortly

Kind Regards

Hassan

Hello hassaeed.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that this is an old thread.

Thanks

Karen :)

Hi,
I can help you and interested in  your business.

shaji MA
[email protected]

Hi mukkaramkad shaji - note that this post is quite old... i invite you to post an advert in the Business partners classifieds in Doha section pls :)