Credit card from Slovak bank

Hello,
Can somebody please recommend a bank in Slovakia for issuing a credit card. Is there any special requirements when issuing a credit card for foreign (EU) citizens?
Thank you!

Hi and welcome to the forum marin_m!

I hope you will obtain advices from other members soon ;)

Regards
Armand

I think you'll find they won't issue you one - that's what I was told when I asked. Good luck and let me know if you find one!

You need to start off with a debit card, soon after wages go in and you get a level of credit reference then you can apply.  Quite a wide choice of banks.

Good news Batteries, thanks - any idea how long after getting a debit card they'll consider a credit card?

I can't get a clear reply form anybody on that, VUB indicates about three months.

A credit card can be advantageous to us since it becomes an asset to our lifestyle, but if not handled carefully it can be a liability, especially if you lose the control of splurging. The benefits include free use of funds, more convenient to carry than money and may give you incentives such as reward points. On the contrary, a credit card can be disadvantageous because it can cost much more than any form of credit such as personalmoneynetwork.com or personal loan, if you don't pay on time. Furthermore, it allows you to create debts that you cannot sometimes handle. Therefore, better seek better credit card company that offers lower interest rate.  Choose wisely.

Actually, you can go around the system...if you have money.
The bank blocks your money on a savings account, and they'll issue a credit card with a limit equal to the money blocked.
Not much use as CREDIT card, but very good for using a card abroad or on internet. I use this to limit the risks (time to see the fraud before the money is taken from the bank account), and to get the benefits of the card. (travel insurance, access to the business lounge etc.)

Hi, no there is no problem with issuing a credit card. I would recommend Slovenska SPoritelna, very good one, they will issue you VISA ELECTRON as soon as you open account. You can request VISA or MASTERCARD, but will cost you around 5€ a month, but you can get cheap and good travel insurance with that.