Car Transporter UK to Malta

Hi All,

Having been here for a good few months now and searched around for a car, without too much success, I have taken a decision to bring my trusted Land Rover from the UK and use it here (I have owned it for the past 7 years since new with most of its life actually spent in Spain and registered upon spanish plates but returned to the UK last year)

Anyone have any thoughts upon a reliable and cost effective transporter company and also has anybody experienced what pain there will be in re-registering from spain to Malta (I have all supporting paperwork, ferry tickets etc)

TIA

Mikea

Mikea - please see my response re the landorver on the other post - didnt realise that spain was involved too - in that case make sure you bring plenty of proof of living in spain for a long time too - our brit friends lived in France for 7 yrs and they had to prove they had lived there for that time too......

Thanks Toonarmy for the reply. I have to say that it is pure coincidence that the other posting refers to a Range Rover but these are very seperate cases.

In fact it is also further coincidence that I am very aware of whom Jim is but candidly I have no intention in getting involved in the current bickering regarding his past and current affairs as we are both in the same IPTV industry (with my company already based in Malta) and know many of the same people within the industry.

Cheers

Mike

ah right - apologies for the confusion...no me neither cant be bothered with the bickering - if it is that - dunno so dont care either...it doesnt interest me at all - we have what we have and it works for us

but make sure you can prove ownership in both countries ok

and that is just the way it should be!

agree 100% - good luck

Anyone heard of IMS Transport or have any comments ???

Hello!

I suggest kfs-specialvehicles.co.uk/transporters-recovery-vehicles-info.htm in which there is fast and easy transportation for mowers, wood chippers and other grounds maintenance equipment. Ideal for councils, contractors and estate management, with integrated ramps and low loading height. :)

Be very careful here, I have had friends who never got their car imported fully, even though it was from the U.K. Cost them a lot of money and caused a lot of grief. As previously said, come armed with paperwork, and if I was you I'd try to bring a Maltese friend along..