Living In the DRC Lubumbashi

Good day

Is there any one that can give me more info about live in Lubumbashi. More specific safety of family, living cost, traveling around.

I'm planning to come and work for a company called Ruashi Mining. I want to bring my wife along and stay in Lubumbashi. Is this a good idea or what?

Please assist me.

Thanks

JJ Nienaber

Hi and welcome to the forum JJ Nienaber!

Your message was moved to the Lubumbashi forum for better visibility!

Regards
Armand

Good day

I am JJ Nienaber from SA and I wouldlike to get some basic information concerning DRC lubumbashi. I'm planning to come and work for Ruashi Mining.

What isthe basic living condition in Lubumbashi, meaning: security, safety, living cost, traveling about.

Please assist with info.

Thanks

JJ

hi jj

i work for ruashi mining and live in lubumbashi..10 months now. re your questions; if you bring your fam/ wife, ruashi mining will provide you with a house and security guard 24/7. you are safe ..traffic police are poor and hungry which spells a bit of a foreigner pullover bias..ok a lot actually but no danger. You can always start by yourself for a month or two to suss the place out..its not mozambique..but the congolese really welcome foreigners! company wise..no need to wory! mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for the info, this help alot. we will be flying to Lubumbashi on Wednesday the 15th of June for a tree day visit. I hope everything goes well.

Regard

JJ

Hi, can anyone please give some info on living in Lubumbashi with regards to schools. My husband is currently working for a mining company in Lubumbashi and I would like to join him with our daughter in the beginning of next year. The company will be providing housing, car etc but I am not sure about schools etc???