What is the current situation in Syria?

hiya. how r u? im a person interested in studyin arabic language in syria but i want to know wot is the real situation over dere. is it safe or is there too much violence? could u plz get back to me as it would be a big favour.

Thanks

you said you are in damascus now so had you ever see any thing like that? yes dear dyria is safe there is some broblem outside damascus but not as you see in media they just make it bige not as reall.
wish to be friends so we can talk more regards

Hi gorgeos,

thank you for information about situation there but i prefer to Open new topic because you live there so you write in the topic ( THE CURRENTLY SITUATION IN DAMASCUS ) i am not live there but i like to know every thing from the direct people like you and also for the others who is live there they can write too in this topic the latest situation in Damascus or other places, we will try to have everything in one click.

we all will thanking you and for all who will give us the new news and it will be a good idea for who want to know the situations in your country... i hope insha Allah everything's will be fine soon

Best Regards
Ammar

i hope it will finish in peace as i visited this country several times and its very kind people and nature :)

wish peace for syria

would like to move to syria early next year, 2012, just wondering what the situation is like in Damascus - Sept. 2011.

I would like to move to Syria too. As I know, international media doesn't write about Syria objectively

Wait some months in order to move
Never rush!

DONT come !!!!  the situation in getting worse day by day

i really do know i said before Syria still safe more than many country i m living in Damascus and until now i did not see any thing from what they are posting in media ...........sometimes the are saying about some things happening in my avenue but when but there is nothing or just they make things look worth believe me they are just lie about every thing come to Syria and see your self.

Hey,

I'm really intrested in what is happening in Syria. The posts overthere are weird, some people are saying "it's safe", and others "Too dangerous".
Actually, I'm a student in Journalism in Belgium, and I know that sometimes Media show a picture of reality that is not the real one.
That's why I want to know what do you think about it? And especially for the people who live there or have been there recently..
Thanks a lot
Have a nice day!
Larissa

Larissa
Am sorry to inform you that as far as I know the situation is so bad

My mother is half syrian half turkish
So we have contacts there
Plus my ex wife was syrian and same contacts in Syria we know

I was informed that its bloody there, every thing is destroyed

I love this country
Its like my second home as am used to go there yearly for a month or even more :S

I hope it will end asap!

Wish you good luck

Muhammad

There are plenty of places that are safe in Syria, and there are plenty of places that aren't. I just recently left Syria, although I felt perfectly safe, because you don't know what WILL happen, and the options for leaving the country were diminishing. You can't guarantee that the roads will be safe, or that the borders will be open if you do need to leave. Furthermore, safety is completely arbitrary; in the same city of Aleppo, I heard stories of kidnapping or robberies, etc. but it didn't happen to me because I didn't make myself a target; nonetheless, these things were unheard of before the problems started. I wouldn't recommend that you visit Syria at this time; it's "safe," but it could very easily turn into something unsafe at any time.

Thanks to both of you,
Your answers are very helpful to me :)
I hope the situation in Syria will get better soon, I really hope!
I wish you a nice evening/day/night (Don't know what time is it in every country :) )

Ur welcome
Here in Egypt its almost 7 pm
Have a lovely easter break

dear LarissaBelgium
if you note i am the only who live in syria and all saying we hear or someone told me and lablab la...........
what you are watching in media is just showing bad things yes there is somebroblems but not as you see in media ........ just belive 10% of what you are watching in tv .........gosh i m living in damascus and we just have normal live with littl changes coz of wat happenning..........regards

Thank you for giving me your opinion. I know that media show the problems only, and that's why I'm wondering if it's real, like this every day, etc. And so I prefer to ask.. :)
Have a nice day!

I have been following events in Syria from the beginning of the so called "regime change". I wonder how Syrians  would sit back and let the west, western media and GCC run their lives. Nothing trumps your right to live in peace. Not even the democracy - or should I call it "demonstration of craze".[Moderated]. Give me peace! Peace to go out and enjoy my short life. Peace to live, love and merry. People are dying for the sake of what?!!!!! For regime change? [Moderated]!  I can't bear to see folks in their comfy chairs in Riyadh, London, Washington, Ankara directing wars in another country disguised as a war for freedom. Syrians have always been free.  This war is a disingenuous attempt to break the allegiance between Iran, Syria and Hezbollah. Please Syrians... Enough fighting. [Moderated]

I left Syria one month ago, and the war there between the citizens and the government after 40 years of bad rolling and controlling the future of the country and the community too. The conditions in Syria worst than anything you hear about in media.
you don't know when or where the explosions take your life or the snipers shoots you.
And I assure you the government will kill anybody just to defence the chairs.
Syria is big country and no one can cover every detail going on, so don't hear those people just telling you nothing going on, sometimes in the same neighborhood there is two stories for the same accident from.
Anyway the situation there is too bad and there is more than 30 civilian killed daily, and the war not stops till one of the both sides wins.
Wish luck for the right and hope peace for children there.

Hello all. :)

To note that the topic is "What is the current situation in Syria?". It is much more on the real situation and safety in the country. Please, kindly stick to the initial subject. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

The situation there is worse than you think, and media just covering 20 to 40 % maximum.
The country now is rebirthing and it need time to be right..

Regards

Terrible!

I don't want to promote myself unnecessarily, but I write regularly about Syria and keep daily informed with a lot of people who live all over the country.

The truth is: There are safe and not safe parts. Village areas around Aleppo, Damascus and Daara are the areas to avoid. Danger flares up and then goes calm again. In other places, (Latakia, for instance) there is no problem and life goes on as (almost) normal.

You can read my take on Syria (I've spent more time there than any western journalist during this conflict)

There is also a facebook page which I set up with friends in Syria for Westerns to join, ask questions to ordinary Syrians and find out what is really going on in what is one of the most beautiful, welcoming, and under-attack-from-the-west countries on this planet.

Gari

Hi Gari

Thank you for sharing this information with us.

Can you please PM me the Facebook page which you mentioned?

Wail

With pleasure

facebook.com/insightintosyria (just breaking down that last part its; Insight Into Syria.

Thanks for your interest.

Gari

this is the first time i listen to a logical voice from GCC
so thank you

post.email wrote:

I have been following events in Syria from the beginning of the so called "regime change". I wonder how Syrians  would sit back and let the west, western media and GCC run their lives. Nothing trumps your right to live in peace. Not even the democracy - or should I call it "demonstration of craze".[Moderated]. Give me peace! Peace to go out and enjoy my short life. Peace to live, love and merry. People are dying for the sake of what?!!!!! For regime change? [Moderated]!  I can't bear to see folks in their comfy chairs in Riyadh, London, Washington, Ankara directing wars in another country disguised as a war for freedom. Syrians have always been free.  This war is a disingenuous attempt to break the allegiance between Iran, Syria and Hezbollah. Please Syrians... Enough fighting. [Moderated]

May Allah bless syria and syrians with peace and tranquality.

faisalkh wrote:

May Allah bless syria and syrians with peace and tranquality.

Allah might well but America won't and the silly sods look like they're about to start shooting.
The UK (foolishly) is about to place a resolution in the UN security council that'll aim for war but simply condemns chemical weapons attacks at this point.

Of course, just as with Iraq, no one is actually publishing any evidence, just saying how true it is.

Syria may well become a dangerous place for expats in general but for British, French and American expats in particular.

gosh this topic open since 2011 but still recpected members are writing so, i am still in damascus situation is not good at all but not worth as they show in news i m still going work ........ but the question is what after???? western and US fighting terorists in afghanstan and mally but they want help them in syria???? saudi arabia and gulf countries paying money to buy all kinds of weapoons to terrorists in syria but not paying even one cent to soport hungry pepole in somalia or thier muslims brothers in borma ............ ????????

I have just spent a month in Beirut, Lebanon trying to get into Syria. This is [url=http://garisullivan.co.uk/abroadathome/how-to-get-a-syrian-visa.html]my article about my experi.

I think its the most up-to-date account of getting into Syria that you

Don't you find it surprising that you wana get into Syria while people in there are fleeing!! I think Dr Kivorkian in Chicago can give you better / more pleasant alternative if you wana get killed. (Hint: Injection)!!