Retiring in Belize

Hello, My wife and I are retiring next year and are looking at Belize to call home. But,like everyone we have concerns and most internet info is several years old. We will be coming to Placencia and Corozal in late August for fact gathering and would greatly appreciate any advice anyone would be willing to give.

Gathering information is the first step in relocation. Come visit, gather info, and keep an open mind as to what you want to do, and where you would like to be.  If you have questions, or I can be of specific help, please email me at leerainforest at gmail.com

Thank you for you response.  I am sure we will have lots of questions and all help will be greatly appreciated.  I was wondering if you or anyone here knows anything about the Corozal Bay Inn. I have read many reports and reviews and am concerned about the condition of this place.

Hi Ardee. I've never been to Corozal or the inn, but Placencia is quite beautiful. Was very close to moving there, but selected San Ignacio ultimately.  Some of your questions may be answered by checking out my blog.  I've found Trip Advisor's reviews to be quite accurate, so you may want to check their ratings out and pick somewhere that's getting better feedback.

Good luck!

Sharon Hiebing

Thank you wealthships, for your response. Tripadvisor was some what helpfull which is what started this doubt about staying there. We are look forward to coming there and getting info for retirement. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!!