Are there any Irish people living in Madrid ?

Just moved here with my girlfriend last month from Dublin.

Wondering if there are any Irish people / clubs in Madrid.

Thank you

Welcome on board CRL,

you should have a look to the Madrid expat network ;)

Hey CRL, my family and I are moving over next month. I just got a job in Barajas airport. were from meath. whats it like over there?

hey bud,

i usually go to the James joyce pub. its very irish and you can find people from ireland there from time to time. there are loads of irish in madrid.

jamesjoycemadrid.com

im not irish but always up for a few pints and meeting new people!

Hello Barry,

Its a good change to be honest, but it has its downfalls, neither of us speak Spanish, and it is extremely difficult without that, if you have an English speaking job lined up you will be fine from that aspect - or of course if you speak Spanish you will be fine.

At the moment the weather is hot, if you are living out near the airport for work reasons most of the accommodation will have air-conditioning, which you will need.

I suppose the best thing is if you have any questions on things which I have encountered in the last 2 months I might be able to help you better.

hey CRL, I am having trouble getting an apartment. ive been sending e-mails on idealista but im not hearing back from anyone. would i be better off contacting real estate and going down that road?

Hello Barry, Sorry, I just checked my mail today so i have only seen this now.

I just moved into my own place the weekend, took me a while to finds some place nice.

I didnt use an agent. They tend to charge a months rent to you as a fee. If you are eager to get something sorted sooner rather than later then maybe that will work for you.

We checked and viewed about twenty before we decided on one. Idealista probably has more listings on it than other sites, and it is in english. Personally, I would stick with that and keep mailing.

For your info we did email about 3 times as many as we viewed, alot of people didnt reply to us.

Feel free to ask anything else you need, If I can help I will.

Craig.

Here is another website as well, you can change to english at the end.

I dont think the number of listings are as long as idealista.

yaencontre.com

Hi just move to Madrid as well.Looking to meet some Irish.Let me know if you find anything