Living in siem reap

if anyone is interested in living in siem reap and need some advice,i may be of some help.althrough not by any means an expert i have now lived in siem reap for 5 years and 10 years in se asia and have started a few businesses along the way.fully intend to stay and enjoy the lifestyle.

Hi riverboat,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for offering your help to members. You may also write some articles in our Cambodia participative guide.

Thank you,
All the best,
Christine

Hello Riverboat:)

I am thinking about visiting Angkor Wat and doing some touring around the area. I want to check out the local culture, history, villages etc. I am a bit of a history geek :D . Could you give hints and tips as to what to do and how much time I should budget doing it? Several days or weeks?

Thanks,

Deter

Depends on how much you like temples!  Siem Reap is a nice town and there is more than just Angkor.  It is actually quite a nice place to do nothing!

Hello

I have travelled around Cambodia many times and am looking at possibilities to live and work there for a while in my prefered location Siem Reap.

I am an aviation trainer/engineer by profession and also an experienced TEFL English trainer in specific business subjects.

Whats your experience on the Job front in Siem Reap,best times to look best source for jobs etc ? online

All advise appreciated

gailforce5

I am a retired boat captain from Hawaii. I am American living in Thailand. What would it take for me to move to Siem Reap? I visited there last month and would like to consider moving.

What about visa restrictions there?

I don't need to work if I can use ATM's there.

Contact me on "Inbox" or just reply.

Wil

Request to living in Siem reap for 6 months.

I've been living in Siem reap for 3 months, i have 3 months more to go. I will spend 6 months in siem reap and 2 months in phnom penh. for a visitor or expert that wish to live in Siem Reap. you can rent a room or stay at guesthouse in middle of town. about transportation just walk, everything just nearby your house. it's very easy to get everything and traveling.

enjoy your time in Siem Reap.