Bringing dog to Malaysia-Kota Kinabalu

Hello to everyone on forum!
we are planning to move to Maleysia-Kota Kinabalu in august.We would like to bring  small dog(6kg) with us and I will appreciate any suggestion and advice about all formalities for the permission to import the dog to Maleysia.
If we come by flight directly to Kota Kinabalu (from Hong Kong) is there a quarantine at the airport of Kota Kinabalu, or we have to do all formalities at KL airport?
Thank u in advance for any answer.

Hi and welcome to the forum Maldivi!

I hope other members will be able to advise you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

i brought in my dog from the middle east, we had to get prior permission to import the dog into kuala lumpur,, and had to keep him in quarantine for a month,,,,the charges are minimal,,,but u have to provide the food

Thanks for the answer. My big concern is does the dog have to spend in quarantine in KL first and then in Kota Kinabalu ,as it is our final destination.

yes,,,i understood yr question,but as my final destination was kl,,i am unable to answer yr question

Maldivi,
I hope you were able to successfully transport your dog to KL and then on to KK. Please tell me what you had to do and what to avoid.

Hi all, please check out this link for reference:

http://www.dvs.gov.my/en/faq-import-haiwan-kesayangan

If it does not load in English, you can change the language setting from the drop-down menu ("Pilih Bahasa" or Select Language) located on the top-left of the screen.

I haven't gone through the website myself though, let me know if I can be of help.