WESTERN ACCENT

hi, BPOM Here, can anyone gives some tips on how to speak english fluently and confidently? or any cheap call center training . i did apply once but wasnt able to  pass the interview. i want to be part of this organization . im a 4 year course fresh grad.

thanks. Have a nice day.

Hi BPOM,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Hope someone will be able to advise you.

thanks christine..

im a newbie this forum.

GODBLESS

try 2 be a member of toastmasters international. this club will help develop your speaking skills.

Hi BPOM.

Words of advice:
Did you know that some BPOs have clients that need online chat customer service representatives? So, before you focus on a western accent, try brushing up first on your grammar and spelling. This is important because I noticed that you had grammatical errors on this forum post and also misspellings on your profile.

Regarding call center training, there are government agencies that offer free training. I think TESDA offers it once in a while. I don't know if there's one near your area. Search online for class schedules.

Have you considered trying out first call centers that service local clients like PLDT, McDonald's, local credit cards?  Answering clients' needs and problems requires tact, courtesy, and patience, especially when dealing with irate customers who are unsatisfied with their product or service. Practice first on local clients to get the hang of it, before moving on to international clients.

Accent is something you can learn by speaking constantly in English, and with someone who can guide you. But do learn from someone who has an acceptable accent.  Otherwise, it would be like the blind leading the blind. 

Practice on speaking confidently with a smooth flow of words. Try this simple exercise: pretend you're an assistant leaving a voice mail (in English) to your boss, reporting the events of the day, and record your "message."  If there are a lot of fillers, like "errr", "emmm", "aaa", practice on speaking confidently and smoothly.

Thanks for the advise Filamerican mom.

do you know any CC Job hiring anywhere in NCR which hold local accounts ? i want to  try work in local accounts.i have a friend helps me to improve my english trough conversation (2 weeks now) i spoke to him everyday using english.he said my pronunciation is ok .the only problem is that my grammar and accent.i did self training online like imitating western movies, reading magazines,chatting friends online,etc.

For hiring, you can try training centers, including those that train for free. Often, they have a list of companies that are searching for agents. You can still do an online search or look at local online directories.  You might find help wanted ads for agents there.

It's okay to try imitating western movies and reading magazines.  But try something that involves one-on-one conversation.  A movie or a magazine cannot talk back to you, and vice versa. Online chat is better, but usually, chats are abbreviated, and people actually don't keep track of grammar. 

Go with the training centers. And keep on improving your English skills.

BPOM wrote:

Thanks for the advise Filamerican mom.

do you know any CC Job hiring anywhere in NCR which hold local accounts ? i want to  try work in local accounts.i have a friend helps me to improve my english trough conversation (2 weeks now) i spoke to him everyday using english.he said my pronunciation is ok .the only problem is that my grammar and accent.i did self training online like imitating western movies, reading magazines,chatting friends online,etc.

Hi BPOM,

I searched online and there are actually companies that offer FREE training and some even include an allowance.  It's a local directory.  You can get a few hits by typing "free call center training."  I think we're not allowed to post the name of the site on the forum.  But I can PM you the name of the site, if you want.

BPOM,

If you like to train yourself with English, here are some tips :

- do the IELTS (without taking the actual exam), everyday for 3 hours

- always speak English wherever you are

- watch only English movies particularly British movies, English literature, read classic British novels like Pride & Prejudice (the author Jane Austen has several novels to choose)

- if you have internet at home, then browse the Youtube and look for British movies, British shows, BBC shows

In a few months, you would start to think like an English person and speaking the English language would become a normal thing to you. From there it is easier to understand all kinds of accent, American, Australian, Irish, Scottish, Afrikaans, Kiwis, Canucks etc.........

Once you are confident speaking with the British English, speaking with an accent would be a piece of cake.

One big advantage in the work place if you speak English, especially if you can do technical English writing, is you get job offers :)

go to Teledevelopment and try to get placed through them if you get high enough you will be placed in a 10 day paid training for nglish enhancement.

Good Luck

Kevin

got to love it when I am in a hurry and misspell words LOL :)