Bringing Dogs from Australia to Vietnam

Hi All,
We are thinking of moving to Vietnam in the near future and have two dogs (our kids) Can you please advise if and how we get them in the country? Do we need permits, special vaccinations etc we are planning on staying for at least a few years.
Thanks for your help

Check this out.

http://saigoninacup.com/2010/09/24/puppy/

Hi thinkingofmoving,

Welcome to Expat-blog! :)

I hope you get informations very soon.

I just brought my cat over to Ho Chi Minh.

I paid relocation company in hcm Usd215 to do this: DAH's (Dept. of Animal Health)  pre-arrival paperwork submission & registration,  DAH's import approval (for 3 or more pets/AWB), DAH's airport inspection and clearance. When I arrived at hcm, I basically picked my cat from the luggage conveyor belt and walk right through.

General requirements:
- Import approval: Not required for shipment of 1 or 2 pets. For 3 or more pets per MAWB we need to apply for DAH's local import approval.
- Microchip/Tatoo: Not required.
- Quarantine: Not required.
- We need to be notified at least 4-5 days before flight arrival.

Documents requirements:
- Copy of health certificate (issued within 2 weeks of flight)
- Copy of vaccination records (rabies shot should be given within one year but more than one month)
- vaccination records, health certificate, copy of client's passport, MAWB with flight details, owner or person in charge's name/arrival date/address/phone.

Have your animal's shots updated and get a confirming letter from your vet.

The more stamps he puts on it, the more impressed they will be. This letter will have to be translated in to VN after arrival to give to animal authorities. Rabies is common throughout VN.

Don't feed dog on day of flight (vomiting/choking avoidance) but do include block of frozen water in in bowl in cage for licking.

Do NOT sedate dogs chemically!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring spare name tags so you can have name/number engraved here. Include VN terms for neutered/spayed on them.

ANIMAL THEFT: For puppy mills in HCMC and potential consumption in Ha Noi.