Moving to Mumbai, searching for a job this June

Hi everybody!

I'm planning to settle my new life in Mumbai this June. As a new comer, I don't know much about how I can find a good job and share a flat as well. Hope you guys can give me some advices. Thanks! Nice to make friends! :)

Welcome to Mumbai.Even more so because you have chosen to relocate without an assignment in hand.Do let us know the skillsets you have.It will then be possible to suggest leads & work on them

Hi!

It's lovely to hear from you soon! Yes, I'm planning to go to Mumbai but I don't know anything there. I need to find a job and a place to live. It's really difficult for me.
Currently, I'm working as a personal assistant for a foreign manager in American International School.
I don't know about the average salary there. Could you plz let me know some good websites so I can search job and any available position for me?

Thanks a lot! Have a nice day!

Hi, will you please be more specific about a job you are looking for, on which domain etc etc?  what is your budget to rented a apartment? are you coming on which VISA, working or tourist? because its very important if any employer hire you, the first thing they will ask is working visa. salary depend on your experience and job type. if you want more info do not hesitate to ask. by the way i live in mumbai, working in a french mnc as a financial auditor. welcome to mumbai

Hi Aneja, IŽm reading the messages and IŽm preparing to travel to India too, IŽll go like tourist but looking for a job, in this way IŽll have a touristŽs visa, what can you recomend me? I have studies and experience,
Thanks

I am planning to go india in 31/08/2011
mumbai/ bombay exactly

if you there then plz contact me back
email : agcc,wael @ gmail.com

Telephone : +966509811444

Im gonna be in mumbai next week. Please let me know the type of help needed, my aunt can help you out. Do PM me with your contact info.

Cheers

So many people moving to Mumbai :) You are all welcome here and all those looking for a job need to be a little more specific.
The industry you wish to get into and your work background.

We are all here to help. keep the questions coming :)

Hello Friends,

Its nice to see so many people coming in..

Well its said that anyone and everyone makes their share of income in this city.. So i am sure you will be able to find a job that suits your needs.. However my suggestion to you will be its easy to get into a call center here and make good money to takecare of all your expences (Stay, Food, Travel, Parties....) I also understand thats not the kind of job you guys will be looking for but its good to support you in the start and in the mean while you can apply in various companies here and give interviews..

I have been part of call center for more than 5 years now.. and i think its not a bad job.. good working envoirnment, young crowd and the best part GOOD MONEY!!

let me know if you need some help regarding getting a job.. lot of my friends are HR's in various companies/job placements.. so i maybe of help to you.. Its also important to choose a right place for your stay cos in Mumbai you can rent an apartment for $2500/month to as good as $150/month.. all depends what your pocket allows.. Let me know if you need some help in this city..

Hope your stay here is pleasant.. and its gonna be amazing being here this season as we have diwali (Festival of light) coming soon.. I am sure you will enjoy it..

Hi all,

I'm new to this site so haven't quite got the hang of it!

i'm coming to mumbai for a holiday mid June but plan on cancelling my return and staying for a year. I wanted to know how easy it was to get un-professional jobs like bar work / hotel work?

Also what are the living conditions when on a basic wage?

Thanks!

Hi janakd,

You should post an advert in the Jobs in Bombay section. It might help you in your jobs search. Thank you.

[Moderated]

Dear All ,
If anybody any problem please call me on my mobile 9822057454

I am india and working in software
fill free contact me as your brother
have nice days