Help needed finding room to rent

Hi,

I'm moving over to KL from the UK in a few weeks and am looking for a room to rent with other expats or Malaysians, just looking for cool flatmates really. I haven't found many decent expat websites, but perhaps i'm looking in the wrong place. Does anybody know where the best place to look for rooms to rent are - newspapers/websites/or is is better to find things once you're on the ground?

I was also thinking about Bangsar, is this the best location for youngish expats (25+)?

Cheers!:)

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hi Springroll, as much as I know, accommodation wont be a problem to you when you arrive. There are, for instance, vacant flats in Cheras where I currently reside. The flats there are affordable. But where you do not have enough money for rent, I wouldn't mind allowing you to stay for sometime with me in my flat. What are friends for if not to help one another when there is need for that? You are in advance welcome to KL where there is limitless enjoyment. Safe journey as you come.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum!]

cool. that seems attractive

Hi Springroll,

Websites (expat-blog where u can post in classifieds section, mudah, caribilik or couchsurfing) or 7/11 shops (they almost all have board with posts from individuals) once u are in Malaysia
are nice places to look for flat and housemates.
I would recommend u to come and visit first, people usually pay more and may have bad surprises when they book from overseas.

Bangsar is a nice place, shopping complex, restaurants, bars, young locals and expatriates, and not far from central train station and not so far from KL city centre.
U may have a look at KL Sentral, Brickfields, Bukit Bintang (the best place for happenings) or PWTC if u want to be near the action...

Cheers,

Nassim

hi springroll,

i currently have a vacant room in my condo in wangsa maju.
name :Desa Putra condo (adjacent to PUTRA LRT SRI RAMPAI)

Commute only 6 stations to KLCC by putra LRT wch connects to most places in KL.many expats living here too....its just 15minutes drive to the city centre.

do ctc me if u [email protected]