If somebody asks you "do you need any help?"

I was just wondering what you feel, when you are lost, if somebody asks you "do you need any help?"

coz, last time, I saw some tourists seem lost in Insadong, so I asked them if they need any help, but they seem uncomfortable about that question.

So, I was wondering what you feel when you have same situation. :)

I shall be very happy and grateful to the person and tell that person my problem. May the person might be of help to me.

I've appreciated it. People were helpful when I arrived in Korea in 2003, but less so recently. Wherever you live offer help to people who seem possibly to need it. Don't worry about the reaction.

Dedicate yourself to being kind. How else will we make this world better?

Thank you Baisie and Smekelly, I think it is definitely true. helping and being helped are both important and useful to life.

That happened to me when I was in Daegu. I was looking lost and perplexed and a large Korean came up to me and asked the same question. I explained where I was trying to go (he spoke good english) and could he give me some directions. He went asked his wife and and then asked me if he could take me there. Together we went to the carpark, jumped in his car and were dropped off right where we needed to go!!

Now thats what I call great help, havent experienced this generosity since however I think they generally want to help and get to practice their English too.

Hello kiwiinkorea, thank you for this sharing!

Sometimes, it is unbelievable to see the generosity other people, because being generous is becoming something rare.

Harmonie.:)