Taipei Questions!! :D

Hi all! New to the forum, and excited to be a part of it :).

My current plan is to move from Columbus, Ohio, to Taipei by early July to make my job search easier. Luckily I will be moving in with an old foreign exchange student we hosted years ago, so no rent and no food costs while I job search!!

Although I have a couple questions:

1.) I am an electronic music DJ here in Columbus, OH, and I plan on bringing my equipment with me to Taipei. How big is the rave/dance scene in Taipei? Have you ever seen foreign DJ's performing in any of the clubs in Taipei? I would LOVE to continue my hobby overseas.

2.) With the amount of expats in Taipei, are teaching jobs difficult to come by or will I be able to find a position at a cram school fairly easily? (I hold a Bachelors of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences). I see many jobs posted for Taipei, but in your experience, is the industry beginning to become saturated?

And that's it for now!

Hi cNicely and welcome to the forum.

1)The rave/dance scene in Taipei is limited but thriving mostly in gay culture.There are many foreign DJ's that guest at the clubs here.

2)The teaching positions (both legal & illegal) are saturated as teaching is the prime job for expats.

Hi cNicely,

Welcome to Expat-blog! :)