IWG get together Sunday 5th June Kyrketangen

Hello,

Just thought I would post that there is going to be an IWG picnic on Sunday the 5th of June, weather permitting! I know some of you have expressed an interest in meeting other English speaking people in Bergen, so you might want to go along.

Not sure if I will be there, as it conflicts with a Vestbo family day at Langårdskogen, but they are close to each other, so I may appear at both places during the afternoon.

I just recently found out about the IWG thanks to this blog. Here is a link to there Yahoo Group if you want to find out more.

groups.yahoo.com/group/iwgbergen/

IWG stands for International Womens Group.

Ahh that would of been great but its my daughters 4th birthday party that day... maybe another day. ill defo check out the link though.

Topic sticked :)

Armand

Another thing I saw that some of you might be interested in is a trip up Fløyen this Sunday, the 29th of May.

The MKF in Bergen put a poster outside the library. It stands for the Multinational Kvinnefelleskap. It's another group for women from around the world.

The poster at the library (Oasen in Fyllingsdalen) was advertising a trip up Fløyen for women and children. No Boys over 12 or Men allowed tho, which put me off a bit as I would want to include my partner.

I think they were meeting at the bottom at 11am (but don't quote me on that) to take Fløybanen, it is free to go up if you go with the group.

Anyway, if you are in the area and see lots of obvious non-Norwegian women and children, that's probably them! :)