Making Friends in Lausanne and Montreux

Hello all.. looks like you guys started this blog a while ago.... i will be moving to Montreux at the end of the month and would love to make some new friends in the local area.

I am coming from the UK and know no one in switzerland... I love cooking, cocktails... wine, movies, reading.. if anyone is around when i arrive and would like to show me around that would be great.

How far is Montreux to Lausanne?

Thanks
Ling

Hello Ling,

when exactly are you arriving to Montreux? I am living just next to it, in La Tour de Peilz.
It would be great to meet you.
By the way Lausanne is about 20 mins far from Montreux (by train, i dont know if you have a car or not).

regards,

Vero

Hello Ling,

I dont know if you received my former message, but if not I copy-paste it again:

"when exactly are you arriving to Montreux? I am living just next to it, in La Tour de Peilz.
It would be great to meet you.
By the way Lausanne is about 20 mins far from Montreux (by train, i dont know if you have a car or not).

regards,

Vero"

So I am still free, so if you feel like to catch up some time, just let me know and i give you my email.

V

Hello Vero

I am in Montruex and living at Hotel Masson till I find an apartment. you can call or text me +41 788655187

I am thinking of going to black pearl or millisemie club tonight.

let me know if you would like to go for a drink i need to meet more people

Thanks
Ling

hello, ling
y are welcome,y did know but you haves friends,

I will text you one your phone

I m Tom,

Hi Ling,

It's been a few months since this post - so not sure if you are still wanting friends!?? However... I am!

Just moved to Montreux and wanting to meet like-minded people for cocktails and dancing, mostly. Like to run, go to the gym and also ski and snowboard...

If you're able to show me a few of the sights I'd be very grateful. Might even buy you a Mojito!

Thanks.

Hi scunnyharrison

I am going to Lausanne in January and would like to meet up with you for a cup of coffee, a drink or something like that if you are interested?

I am staying in Lausanne, which I think isn't far from where you are..

Like you, I want to meet some nice new people, who I can enjoy my time in Switzerland with. I'm going to Lausanne for a three month internship - so I don't know anyone there :)

Hi Lundov,

I'll be here still and very happy to meet up for drinks. Think I'm back from holidays on about the 5th of Jan, so just send me a quick message and we'll swop numbers.

Hope you have a nice Xmas, see you next year!

Jemma

Hello ex-pats,

My name is Rikki & I`ve been in Lausanne for 5+ years so I know a bit about the area. If you need a quick tour/guide let me know as  live in the centre of town & enjoy showing people around, especially the cafe bar where they serve really thick hot chocolate! Yummy.

I also plan to go snowboarding in Jan./Feb. if you are into that.

Have Fun :-)

Cheers Rikki

Finaly made it here, living in Vevey at the moment with my expat sweeter half. Would love to do some snowboarding this year, or just meet some new people.

Hello all- just moved to Switzerland from the states. I'm here to learn the language but don't know anyone. Let me know if you would be interested in getting a coffee sometime.

Hey D, where are you going to be living? Montreux?

Jem

I'm planning no a trip to Switzerland, Bernese Oberland region.
I'm keen on visiting the Jungfraujoch mountains for hiking in May 2012.
Would you be able to help me with information regards to stay, food and local travel, like places to live and eatery expenses?
I'm not good with German, will that be any issue?
Are there any bike rentals for cheap?

Your help will be greatly appreciated !!!