Cost of Living

Hello Everybody,

May I share to you the cost of living in Metro Manila.

1.) Food: An average ofP120/meal, This would be for Breakfast, Lunch and  Dinner. This is for a fast food ready to eat.However if you can cook and do the preparation yourself you can be more economical if you are 2 or more. If you are alone, this would depend on what would you prepare and how good are you in the selection and preparation.

2.) Transportation:

a.)Jeepney Ride from one point to another depends of the route of the Jeep. There are lots of Jeepneys plying from one route to another. I would say somewhere P8/first 4Km, then P1/succeeding Km. So if you travel 4Km only you pay P8. If you travel 5Km you pay P8 plus P1 for a total of P9

b.) Taxi : If I am correct the first plug down is P40, then the succeeding is P2. This is more or less. I am not use to take a taxi

c.) Bus ride: The rate must come close to the Jeepney for the ordinary. However the Aircon is slightly higher.

d.) Light Rail Transit: P15 to the maximum terminal distance. There are plans to increase this to P35.

3.) Electricity:
     a.) With 2hp aircon running at 8hrs at night
     b.) 14CU M. ref.
     c.) 3 electric fan
     d.) T.V.Open for 16hrs.
     c.) P.C. open for 14hrs.

Billing would estimate at P6,700 to P7,500

4.) Water: For a family of 6, the estimated cost would be P1,200

5.) Grocery: For a family of 6 average P2,500/week to P4,000/week.

5.) Phone: An average of P2,500/ month. This would include the DSL internet cable and some local long distance call. If no long distance this would be at least P1,800/month plus vat

6.) Cell Phone: You can load a minimum of P20 for text only.
                For a plan you can select P 2,000/month or what ever is applicable to your use.

7.) If you are interested to buy a House and Lot at Project 8 Quezon City. I am selling one at the cost of P5,500,000 capital gain and all fees, taxes to be charge for the transfer of title
would be added to the cost.

I wish the above would be of help to everyone.

Very truly yours,

August Bugash
PH(632) 646-3954
Cell Phone: 0917-408-8118
email: [email protected]

Thank you for this useful information August! :)

what is average salary ?

Depends on what kind of work and industry.  Here is a link of the minimum wage rates in the Philippines. 

http://www.nwpc.dole.gov.ph/pages/stati … ional.html

These normally applies to non-skilled or entry level work.  Highly skilled or managerial level are of course a lot higher.

augustb wrote:

Hello Everybody,

May I share to you the cost of living in Metro Manila.

1.) Food: An average ofP120/meal, This would be for Breakfast, Lunch and  Dinner. This is for a fast food ready to eat.However if you can cook and do the preparation yourself you can be more economical if you are 2 or more. If you are alone, this would depend on what would you prepare and how good are you in the selection and preparation.

2.) Transportation:

a.)Jeepney Ride from one point to another depends of the route of the Jeep. There are lots of Jeepneys plying from one route to another. I would say somewhere P8/first 4Km, then P1/succeeding Km. So if you travel 4Km only you pay P8. If you travel 5Km you pay P8 plus P1 for a total of P9

b.) Taxi : If I am correct the first plug down is P40, then the succeeding is P2. This is more or less. I am not use to take a taxi

c.) Bus ride: The rate must come close to the Jeepney for the ordinary. However the Aircon is slightly higher.

d.) Light Rail Transit: P15 to the maximum terminal distance. There are plans to increase this to P35.

3.) Electricity:
     a.) With 2hp aircon running at 8hrs at night
     b.) 14CU M. ref.
     c.) 3 electric fan
     d.) T.V.Open for 16hrs.
     c.) P.C. open for 14hrs.

Billing would estimate at P6,700 to P7,500

4.) Water: For a family of 6, the estimated cost would be P1,200

5.) Grocery: For a family of 6 average P2,500/week to P4,000/week.

5.) Phone: An average of P2,500/ month. This would include the DSL internet cable and some local long distance call. If no long distance this would be at least P1,800/month plus vat

6.) Cell Phone: You can load a minimum of P20 for text only.
                For a plan you can select P 2,000/month or what ever is applicable to your use.

7.) If you are interested to buy a House and Lot at Project 8 Quezon City. I am selling one at the cost of P5,500,000 capital gain and all fees, taxes to be charge for the transfer of title
would be added to the cost.

I wish the above would be of help to everyone.

Very truly yours,

August Bugash
PH(632) 646-3954
Cell Phone: 0917-408-8118
email: [email protected]

I'd like to share what is different in Naga City Bicol.

1.) Food:
Fast food looks like it's the same, but we eat in eatery when we eat out:  cheaper, better for u and more of it      approx 80p to 100p per meal
2.) Transportation:
  about the same as is all other forms of transport it seem

3.) Electricity:            Now we have a real difference the kw/hr rate here is 11p and no need for Air-cond as much as it's cooler   all the same things running plus shower heater                         2,500p to 3,000 per month

4.) Water:       Same household 500p to 600p per month

5.) Grocery:   About the same here if shop in SM

5.) Phone:         about the same

6.) Cell Phone:      about the same

7.)          2 bedroom units in gated subdivision start at 2.000,000p In Naga
               3 bedroom homes also in gated subdivision are 4,000,000p
Pete

Hi all...I have questions around cost of living in my post https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=197671

would appreciate it if you experience folks who are there locally can give me some insights to my questions in the post around income, cost of living, etc?

Thanks a lot in advance...