Newbie to site and Canberra!

Hi all - my family and I are feverishly preparing for our move from the US to Canberra in the next few weeks!  Lots to think about and prepare.  I thought this forum would be a great way to share information pre and post move.  Any insights would be greatly appreciated.  I have lived/worked as an expat previously, but this time we have kids, etc. to consider.  We will be living in Canberra for a minimum of 12 months and don't know much about the city other than what we have learned online.  Where to live is of great concern to us so the kids have access to good schools, friends, activities.  I'm also unsure what options would be available to us in terms of leasing/buying a car.  Whew!  That's quite a start.... more to come.

Hi and welcome to the forum austen!

I hope members on the forum will be able to help you ;)

Wish you good luck
Armand

Hi

You should buy a car when u reach Canberra as there pretty cheap but not s cheap as in Sydney. Getting around Canberra in a car is soo easy so this problem is ok, deciding which suburb you live should be pretty easy also considering which school you will send your kids where you will be working etc.. In all suburbs there are Schools and some colleges..

Best of luck with your move

Cheers