New to Japan!

Hello!  I am 26 years old from Houston Texas, and have just come to Japan in April for work.  I just registered on this site today, so I wanted to say hello.  I'm in Yokohama, but wanted to post on the Tokyo forum as well since I've been spending most weekends visitng there.  The people at work have been great so far, but I am hoping to meet some new friends in the area that are closer to my age.  Also, if any one has any suggestions of places to see or things to do, I'd love to hear it!

Hello and welcome to Japan! :D I'm also 26, though I'm a bit farther from Tokyo and Yokohama (in Shizuoka prefecture). But I do know there are lots of people in the area - do you use Twitter at all? There's a large expat group from that area that chats regularly on Twitter (including those of us from Shizuoka).

Hello, sorry I missed the direct commenting box. I'm working in Yokohama, but live further north. Know hardly anyone, so suggestions and friday afternoon drinking plans are most welcome!

Twitter I'm utterly unfamiliar with, but that shouldn't matter too much once I know one or two in this group.

I'll try to uplaod a picture of myself for general reference.

best regards

roy lagers

Hello Roy!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

Hi! Thanks arciara14 for the post.  I'm not on Twitter, but maybe I should be.  So where exactly is Shizuoka?  How far are you from Tokyo?

Hey all, i'm new to both this blog and the amazing city of Tokyo, so I'm interested in finding nice people to do some sightseeing/hanging out/eating with...i have some family here but would be int meeting new people.  Kris, if there's anything in particular you would like to do in Tokyo, perhaps  we get on we could do it together?  Just a thought, and good luck in finding what you're after!
Dan

kris0417 wrote:

Hi! Thanks arciara14 for the post.  I'm not on Twitter, but maybe I should be.  So where exactly is Shizuoka?  How far are you from Tokyo?

Central Shizuoka is about an hour and a half southwest of Tokyo by bullet train. Basically only a prefecture away (Kanagawa is in between Tokyo and Shizuoka).

If you do jump on Twitter, I'm @AshleyJapan and @survivingnjapan.

Hi! how long will u be workin in Japan?.. IŽm going there next October, perhaps we can meet.
IŽll be goin on my own so itŽd be great to know some people there before my arrival.

My mail is [email protected]
Marianne, from buenos aires, arg.

roy + et all,

hi am also new member and actually live in yokohama but work in tokyo.
if anyone wants to arrange an evening drink+chat then please let me know.
how about the hub pub at yokohama station - easy to get to, just make sure correct hub as there are two there.
anytime after 7pm is good and probably a friday is best...

cheers
mark

Hi everyone.
I'll be going to Japan in the spring so I'm also looking for someone to hang out with. Please write me if you're interested (: