Advice for a Civil Engineer looking for work in Saudi

Right Folks,

I bit the biscuit and came to Saudi on a visit visa (through my Dad) to look for work.  I thought I would have a better chance of getting work if I knocked down a few doors.  Good or Bad idea??? (Obviously, if I do get work I will need a work visa, Iqama etc)

So far I have spent most of my time applying on the internet.  I visited a few offices in Riyadh only to be told by the receptionist that only online application were permitted.  I am now here a month and I have zero resposnes.  I believe it is still early days yet (1 month in the kingdom).  Is it wise to keep trying the offices and if so, shall I try in other cities (Jeddah, Al-Khobar etc) ???

I have 5 years experience.  It appears that companies are looking for engineers to have at least 10.  If I just had the chance to meet the 'employer', I know I could impress. If only their is a way to get a contact within a company????  Unfortunately I have NONE and my poor DAD only seems to know the guy at the cheese counter in euromarche!!

I have a masters in Project Management, I have heard that there may be possible jobs in college teaching???

Any advice is appreciated.

I completely sure that you will have a great chance in the near future.

From what I know, Saudis are hiring people with minimum 5 years industrial experience and are only offering management positions for expat workers. So unless you've been a project manager or the likes for at least 5 years I think you chances are very slim, unless you got wasta.