Where can I find Wedding stuff in Rome?

Hi there,

I am getting married in June,2011 and there are few things like decoration, favors, name plate kind of things I would like to get.

Is there a perticular place or street where I can buy wedding related stuff?

Are the shops called something special ? Maybe something in Italian ? I have been looking at Rome and mostly streets are full of touristy souvenirs but nothing more.

Please do not tell me to ask to wedding planner as they rarely answer back. We had a tough time getting any replies while we were looking for venues.

Many Thanks

Hi there!

It's a pity wedding planners do not get back to you... I am a wedding planner myself, and the minimum we can do is to get back to people when they do ask for help!

I do not know Rome that much, but you would find in downtown a number of shops that are specialized in decoration and design ( I remember one in a street really close to the Pantheon), so this should not be very difficult to find!

As far as favors, think about Italian culinary specialties ( i.e Pasta, coffee or wine), and the number of shops there is unlimited in Rome

Cheers

Favours are called Bombeniere, some shops have this alone as their sign.

Given that your wedding is less than a month away I suppose finding the stuff on-line might be a challenge in terms of delivery time. But you could try and see if they can deliver on time.

E-mailing places rarely works here, especially if they are mom & pop establishments. Calling is your best bet.

There is a mall -Porta di Roma. You might find some stuff there.

Good Luck

Neeya

http://worldcitizeninrome.blogspot.com/