Hiking/Outdoor activities on the weekend

Hi I'm just wondering if there are any non profit-volunteer clubs/organizations that offer hiking trips-beach excursions etc on the weekends? Thanks

Hi James,

There are a few of us here who are trying to get an expats social group together.
We are all newly arrived. I just moved from Sydney about 3.5 months ago.
Some of us are getting together wed if you are interested.
Anybody can suggest venues and events. it's open to all !

So, yes, weekend hiking def. on the cards.

Hope to see you there

http://www.meetup.com/Expats-Malta/

Rgds

steve

steveoqld wrote:

There are a few of us here who are trying to get an expats social group together.

That would be "anOTHER expats social group" - there's already 246expats, impromptu one's that spring from this group, Ricky's group...but hey, the more the merrier I say!

btw James, Ricky has posted on this forum before about the Hiking group that he goes out with (not specifically expats) so if you search the forum you should find some info.

Cheers!
Tim

Hi Tim

Thank you for your post.
Yes am aware there are other expats groups and would very happily pool resources rather than dilute the pool but so far I have to say that the ones I have been to aren't exactly what I am looking for. No one so far has achieved a critical mass covering a wide demographic or range of activities. Maybe it can't be done here as Malta is small but we are giving it a go. (the site is a copy of Sydney Expats essentially)

The best example so far being inter nations.org - dead as a door nail. It currently has not achieved the momentum that makes it so successful in Australia or anywhere else for that matter.

Happy to entertain any suggestions / feedback always.

Rgds

s

If you get any kayaking events organised let me know. :)

Jules
x

http://www.ramblersmalta.org/

Hi,

Thanks for the link to our ramblers group. The next rambling program will start in October as there are no regular walks scheduled during the summer - too hot !

But some of us do keep on rambling over the summer. In particular we will be contuinuing a ' round Malta hike ' in 4-5-6 hour sections.The first 3 sections took us from Valletta to Ghar Lapsi. Some parts are really tough going with rock climbling,scrambling over and under boulders and balancing along high cliffs. But there will also be other private walks. So just contact me and I will keep you informed.

We also have very nice walks on your lovely island of Gozo George.

Happy rambling.
Ricky

ricky wrote:

We also have very nice walks on your lovely island of Gozo George.

I went on them a couple of years ago - sadly there only appears to be one weekend a year of walks in Gozo

You are right George, there is the official Gozo weekend with several walks that is included in the half-yearly program.

But there are also ad-hoc walks on shorter notice. Some of these are on Gozo. If you are interested send me your e-mail and I will let you know when. The next walk in Gozo might not be until after the summer though as Gozo gets a little hot too during the summer months.

Guests are always welcome on the walks and the yearly membership is only 10 €.

There are also walks organized by the Geographical Society. As far as I know these are more of the leisurly kind while  the Ramblers walks can be very demanding and fast-paced. Potential ramblers should check out the description of the walk which ranks from easy to difficult before turning up at the meeting point.

Ricky