Transporting Pets

Has anyone ever brought a cat from abroad into Sharjah? If you have, any tips?

Also, do thinking it would be a problem in getting rented accommodation that would allow a little kitten?

Try here:

DCK

Well i'm a vet, so i think i can help ya out some how!

things you must have wit pet:

valid passport shown:
health certificate.
microchip in the cat.
vaccination record.

you have to go through the legal vets in your home country to give ya the above.

then enjoy ur time been wit ur per in UAE.

i guess there is no problem to have a pet in ur home as long you keep it quite in case its a dog :)

if you wanna any assistant to go through the airport dont hesitate to contact me as i know the vet there.

you can reach me on [email protected] for more information. i don't know much because am working now in the sea port quarantine and we have different rules for each.

best regards

Billy

visit the link you will get all the information http://petrelocation.blogspot.com/2007/ … oving.html

Thanks ever so much guys - greatly appreciated!

Billy, I'll be in touch soon. I'm going to be working at the sea port too.

Hello Barsha 2000,

I am planing on bring my dog to Ruwais, Abu Dhabi.  When we brought to Egypt, We found villa right away. Airport to villa and it was very kind and easy exit from the airport.
I don't know what's like in Abu Dhabi.

It is very hard to find housing nearby Ruwais.  It appears that much harder than Egypt.
  What do you think?

Because of my dog our plan is little crazy.
The company will give us housing but may not allow the dog so I am searching for housing before going over there.
So far, all hotels do not allow the Pets, where location I wish to live.

Any advise will be appreciate from my heart.

Thanks,

Hi Alexregan,

You could also start a new topic with your questions on the Sharjah forum for better visibility. (This is an old thread)

All the best,
Christine

Alexregan

By coincidence my company operate in Ruwais and I know people who work there.

As you must already know, Ruwais is very remote which means there isn't much choice, but there must be some people with pets there, so I will ask and try to find out how they did it.

I'm back in the UAE this weekend and hopefully will see Billy (Barsha 2000) and I'll see what he thinks about it too.

Speak soon.....

Thanks Christine & r1chard!!!!!
I'll do that

Alex

Hi r1chard,

I forgot to ask you.
Did you ever brought your cat?
Since you are coming from England, It is very easy to bring along.

Let me know if you need help on that.

Talk to you soon,
Alex,

Yes thanks, we brought our kitten (from Scotland actually). He's been in Sharjah for nearly a year now and seems very happy. Process to bring him was ok - thanks my friend Billy (Barsha 2000). Was horrible to have to bring him cargo though.

When are you coming to Ruwais?

I have to take care of my house and than I can leave.
I can't tell exactly how long it will take.  I am hoping,  everything will be fast and smooth.

As soon as I find out I'll let you know.

I don't know, company people will pick us up or we have to rent a car. since you are talking about that taxi doesn't wants pets.

Will see how it goes.

Alex,

Hi there!

I saw that there were people on this blog who had some questions about taking your dog abroud.
It's possible my husband and I will be going to Ruwais for a period of 3 years.
We are very excited because (hopefully) it will be a great adventure for us! But we don't want to go without are best friend 'Tommy'. He is a fantastic dog and it's impossible for us to leave him behind. I would like to have some more information from petowners who live in Ruwais.

- Is it nice for dogs there?
- Is there a beach where they are allowed?
- Can you buy good food/medicins for your pet?
- Are dogs allowed in the appartments?
- Is it easy to find an appartment/house where pets are allowed?

We are a little bit worried that the apartment that my husbands company provides, will not allow pets.

Greetings,
Liz