Thinking of moving from Thailand to Spain

Hi
I am a British citizen and have been living in Thailand for the last 14 years, currently in Koh Samui. I work in an English International School. I've now got the urge to move on having split up with my husband a couple of years ago and would love to give somewhere else a go and Spain appeals to me as it has the climate (which is essential!) and it's closer to home. It would be ideal for my 10 year old daughter as there is so much more to do than here which will be more noticeable to her as she gets older. I am returning to England for a holiday this summer for the first time in 7 years and will have time to spend a week somewhere in Spain to see how I feel about the place. I have spent a lot of time on the internet looking at places in Spain. I have never lived away from the sea so that is important to me. I really like the look of Valencia and have also had a look at Malaga and I know both these places have British schools I could apply to. I wonder if you would be kind enough to write me your impressions of Malaga. I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much.
Tracey

Hi and welcome to the forum Tracey!

I hope other members will give you some advices about the place soon ;)

Regards
Armand

I wish you all the best coming here, but the jobs market is terrible at the moment, however I recomend looking in a newspaper called Sur In English, its also online, to see if there are any openings.

All the best, Samira

I recommend you to come only if you find a job before:)

Hello and greetings from Malaga,

I have been here for a year now and am also an English teacher at a private academy. There are lots of jobs here for native teachers and I would be happy to forward you some email addresses so that you can contact them to make enquiries.

Malaga is a wonderful place and very friendly. I live in a neighbourhood just outside of the centre. I am 10 minutes from the airport so it is very easy for guests and for when I travel home to Wales.

It is very family orientated here which is what I love. Children are usually out with their parents in the evening enjoying life.

The centre is beautiful and I do love having the beach at the end of my road. Having Spanish is a must as I have struggled without it. I have now joined classes here which I am very excited about.

I do think it is important to have an expat community of sorts. Where I live is very Spanish and there are no holiday makers...I have to sat this is also a bonus and I came for the culture.

If you have any questions or need any info please contact me further...

Esme xx